Can’t lose under 160.

Options
5’7 male 160 lb. I’ve been stuck between 160-162 for now going on two weeks. I eat 1200 calories a day and sometimes less and the scale hasn’t budged. Seems everyone has conflicting advice on starvation mode crap. Not sure what I’m supposed to do at this point. I have another 10 pounds max to lose but my progress has fully stopped.

Replies

• jakersneed1770
    jakersneed1770 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ALSO, how the hell am I GAINING at 1200 a day?! Wtf!!
  • jakersneed1770
    Options
    are you weighing everything you eat? very, very, very unlikely a male would be gaining eating 1200 calories/day (since 1500 is as low as a male should go).
    It’s unfortunately hard for me to weigh everything because my mother and father usually cook for me (thanks parents!!!), but I get the packaging information and calories with them and put them into the app.

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    are you weighing everything you eat? very, very, very unlikely a male would be gaining eating 1200 calories/day (since 1500 is as low as a male should go).
    It’s unfortunately hard for me to weigh everything because my mother and father usually cook for me (thanks parents!!!), but I get the packaging information and calories with them and put them into the app.

well that is the thing then - you are likely eating A LOT more than 1200 calories per day.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    ALSO, how the hell am I GAINING at 1200 a day?! Wtf!!

Ru sure it"s just 1200?

I'm not your mother and I'm not going 2 get into a debate about what the "safe" or recommended cals you "should" eat BUT if you are not losing weight, you are eating more cals than you are burning.

It's as simple as that. SO, in order to lose wt, just exercise more or eat less.

It's NOT rocket science!

• jakersneed1770
    Options
    Buying a food scale. Thanks all!!!