sports bras for large bust! please help

Options
I have a large bust. I can wear between a 40-42 and i am an F cup. I went to layne Bryant and they didn't even have my size. WTF very frustrated right now!!! does anyone know where to get larger cupped sports bras?

Replies

• pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Junonia.com has large sizes. I think athleta does too, but not sure what size they go up to.
  • peachlow
    peachlow Posts: 91
    Options
    I buy mine from TJ Maxx and Marshall's....Adidas and Sportsline...I'm not as wide but I've seen larger one's there...

Never buy sports bras from companies that don't specialize in Atheletic wear....

Also go online.....and google....

hope this helps
  • gash200
    gash200 Posts: 32
    Options
    Have you tried JC Penny's? I usually have to wear two. One of the stretchy ones and one with under wire.
  • countinonme
    Options
    I don't know either, but I have the same trouble! Will post when I come up with something.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I've not bought from here so I'm not sure how the quality would be, but here is one that may work. :-) best of luck! I feel your frustration...I'm between an A and B cup and finding 1/2 size sports bras, even regular bras....it's almost impossible....

http://www.x-chrom.com/sports-bras-catalog/brands-glamorise/glamorise-superior-support-sports-bra&refid=SB1
  • pnero007
    pnero007 Posts: 14
    Options
    check out www.movingcomfort.com their sports bras are very supportive for larger chests and very comfortable.
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    I'm not sure if they carry up to an F... but try looking up Under Armour. I'm a D, but that thing fits like a harness and there is absolutely no bouncing/slippage. They "size" more by the # than the cup I think. Sorry if that wasn't too helpful :(

Good luck!
  • peachlow
    peachlow Posts: 91
    Options
    oops also jc penny online and belk's....

most stores don't carry those sizes but you can go online...I do alot of online ordering from JC Penny and Belk's

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/XGN.aspx?DeptID=70659&CatID=71387&SO=0&Ne=3+11+8+586+5+29+1031+18+904+949+833&N=4294953584+4294966952&Nao=0&PSO=0&x5view=1&CmCatId=EXTERNAL|71387&SelDim=11~
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Try the running store! I found an amazing one there when I was an E. Good luck!
  • ConfidenceNMe
    Options
    Go online and do some research. Alot of dept stores may not have your size in store but they give you the availability to order it and some to a store so you don't have to pay shipping costs!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Two great workout bras: Maia by Moving Comfort, I have seen these at D!ck's Sporting Goods in larger sizes or online, and Enell, order online or at a speciality bra shop. I like the Enell for high impact stuff, no bouncing AT ALL. None. The Maia is good for less impact, like biking or the gym, great support but still some bounce, however it is not a uni-boob bra it lifts and seperates so it makes ya look goooood.
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    I use Bravissimo and I'm a G-cup and they're awesome for sports bras. I don't know if they ship to America but a lot of the brands are on www.figleaves.com too I believe, so the quality & size is just as good.
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    Sorry to post twice, but the other bra I have that I found handles the girls pretty well was by Bali (can be tried on at Macy's) They go up to at least a 42DDD.
  • dennissara
    Options
    I have two awesome ones I invested in this summer - Made by Moving Comfort - bought them at Amazon.com. Obviously, you need to be pretty confident of your size to order like that. Good luck - having a bra that fits makes all the difference!
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Options
    Thanks. I did go on macy's website and they have some that go higher than my size! Also, the lady at lane bryant lied and said they didn't have my size online, but they do....When i walked in, she told me they didn't have sports bras in general. I had to ask another lady....smh. Anyway...thanks for all your help guys
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    After some research, I discovered the Fiona by Moving Comfort. I purchased on amazon.com in my normal bra size and it fit perfectly. The straps are adjustable so as I lost weight I could make it tighter. I've told numerous girlfriends about this bra and they've all purchased and been thrilled. Google it, it is soo comfortable!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    P.S. I ordered a sports bra from LB online and wasn't happy with it...wasn't supportive enough for what I needed (running). I don't need black eyes after working out. ;o) Seriously, look into Moving Comfort. I know Athleta sells it too though not sure what size they go up to (and I know Moving COmfort goes fairly large).
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    ENELL--hands down best bra ever--I'm a 32F right now. I bought mine online with the aid of a measuring tape, but I think running stores and REI have them.
    Freya is a good brand as well. AWESOME fitting dept. at Nordstrom lingerie hooked me up with the Freya--NOT the active wear dept--those "active wear" bras do NOTHING (last time I wore a "typical" sports bra someone in a passing car yelled, "get a bra!" at me :P"). Nordie's has all there good quality supportive sports bras in the lingerie dept. The have the most consistent selection and best fitters I've run into. If they don't have it in your size they'll order it and call you when it comes in. Not what you wanted after you try it on? Have no fear, they add it to their on site stock and don't charge you for it!
    In general, other good brands for us larger busts, Elomi, Chantelle and my Panache "Super bra" is the best STRAPLESS I've ever owned. :)
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    try www.bravissimo.com
    It is from the UK but they ship worldwide and if it doesn't fit you can return it for a refund.
  • susan9700
    susan9700 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try googling Title 9 Sports Bra's. My large busted step daughter swears by them.