How to stay consistent with weight loss?

Options
Catalinax26
Catalinax26 Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I’m a girl
19 years old
5.2ft
Currently weigh 63.8kg
My goal weight is 53kg

I started to lose weight this January but I failed ever since. It’s all because I can’t control myself around “junk” food. I live with my family and I can’t move out yet cause of culture and stuff. My parents especially my mum brings so much junk every day. I know I can’t blame them but still😐 now I’m just so fed up of trying and failing. It’s a constant cycle... the longest I stayed on diet was 3 weeks. Whenever I feel stressed, I binge and after I feel bad and the next I try again but can’t stick to my defecit. I’m actually not restricting myself or anything and Mfp gave me a goal of 1430 cals per day. The rate of losing is set to 0.2kg per week. The problem is at home. 😔 I want it so badly but when stuff happens I end up forgetting my goal😕. I’m so shamed of myself. I can’t believe it’s almost the end of the year and I’m still at the same place if not I gained extra 5-7kg.

Replies

• Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are really struggling mentally with food. As someone who also turns to food to deal with the struggles of with stress/ and other negative emotions, I can relate. My best advice would be to try and find other things in your life to lean on (or build new ones) when you are stressed or emotionally struggling. As well try not to beat yourself up and feel guilty or ashamed about your progress, because this is not a race this is a life style you are building for yourself and it takes time to address all of your life factors in relation to food and find ways to adjust them to your new lifestyle.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    How do you lose weight in a junk food laden environment? Good question. I'd tend to go for the 2 hour rule. That's something I have used in the past. Everything you eat has to be written down on paper at least 2 hours earlier (breakfast is written down the night before).
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    There's two ways to combat temptation in a healthy way.

1) Allow yourself an indulgence if you have enough calories left in the day, it fits in with your macros, and what you plan to eat is something that you really enjoy. Let's say it is potato chips. You have enough calories and carbs remaining, and you are legitimately hungry. Pour yourself a large glass of water, carefully measure out an ounce and savor and appreciate every bite of the 130 calorie indulgence. Make sure you log it and drink plenty of water. You should feel full and satisfied. You don't go back for more or allow yourself another indulgence. If you can't limit yourself to one serving or eating this leads to eating more carbs, then this might be a trigger food for you. If that is the case try option 2:

2) Avoid foods that trigger binge eating altogether and substitute a high protein alternative that your really enjoy. For example deli turkey, lean ham, beef jerky, water packed tuna, Smoked salmon, shrimp, and hard boiled eggs are all good high protein choices that make a satisfying snack that will keep you satiated for a long time. You will still carefully weigh and log your snack and drink it with plenty of water. In this strategy you are making a switch instead of an indulgence. As you practice this overtime your cravings will be for these high protein snacks instead of carbs.

Good luck to you. Remember that you are in control, but you don't have to do it alone. Ask for help and support from your family and friends, and build a community on this platform. Make sure your fridge and pantry is stocked with the kinds of food that help you avoid all the yummy junk food that is tempting you.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Consider the possibility of a food addiction