working all nighters

Options
hey guys, so any of you eventually have to work all nighters for your job? I'm a comicbook colorist so my days can get kind if long, and in some cases i stay up all night to meet a deadline. Tonight, staying on diet and still under calories (because of a gym workout yesterday) I'm still entering for monday (and it's Tuesday).

I was wondering, when should I actually record for today since I havent got sleep? When I've meet my calorie goal for yesterday finally?

I'm kind of confused since the system revolves around the normal day for a person, and normal amount of sleep.

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i'm a power plant engineer, and i work rotating shift, meaning i can work 6am-6pm for three to four days, and the 6pm-6am shift for three to four days, etc.

what i did, is change the meal titles from breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, to times. 4am-8am, 8am-12pm, 12pm-4pm, 4pm-8pm, 8pm-12am, 12am-4am. helps me control what i eat on a time bases, instead of meals.
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    I'm a nurse and work 4 nights a month (in a row). I just turn over at midnight to the new day. And my 0015hrs meal is 'breakfast', my cheese and crackers at 0400 is 'snack' as is yoghurt at 0600. Apple when I get home is Morning tea. Then when I wake up at 4pm and have vita brits (or other cereal) it is lunch. I have dinner (includes the 6 squares of dark choc which I usually have 2 of at home and the other 4 at work before midnight) around 6-7pm anyway so that stays the same.
    Hope that made sense!
    And better go as a patient is buzzing (its 1am here in Sydney and hanging out for my 2am sleep break!)
  • darrynflame
    Options
    I work only nights, 5 days a weeks 10hours a shift. Okay, so it is really an 8 hour shift with an hour commute on each end. Thing is, if I want to spend time with my friends and family, I HAVE to pull all-nighters. What I try to do is remember that food maynot equal sleep, but it does help get me through long day. I tend to stick to my normal eating schedule, but give myself another 200 calorie snack, it won't kill me in the long run, and I reset my food-clock at it's normal time. Mind you, I'm on MFP to learn to control an eating disorder and learn good habits, the weight loss is a secondary goal.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    hey guys, so any of you eventually have to work all nighters for your job? I'm a comicbook colorist so my days can get kind if long, and in some cases i stay up all night to meet a deadline. Tonight, staying on diet and still under calories (because of a gym workout yesterday) I'm still entering for monday (and it's Tuesday).

I was wondering, when should I actually record for today since I havent got sleep? When I've meet my calorie goal for yesterday finally?

I'm kind of confused since the system revolves around the normal day for a person, and normal amount of sleep.

I don't fit into the category of working all nighters, but comicbook colorist sounds fun (I just wanted to say that, lol)
  • sarahrosemun
    Options
    Hi all, i work overnight shifts too, i do the same as Bluestar and start a bew day at midnight. Tricky thing is turning around to days again for my other job. An extra snack helps on those days :tongue:
  • minphx
    minphx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    when i work nights (sporadically), i turn over at midnight as well, and still just aim for total calories per 24 hour period. i like it because then the 3am snack isn't added to the previous day. it is the beginning of a new day, even if i've been awake for several hours.