too sad to eat? help :((

Options
Something has happened recently that has made me VERY depressed. So much so that I get nauseous at the sight/smell/taste of food. Yesterday I barely made it to 800 calories, and today I barely cut 1200. I usually eat around 1450, but I have been SO cripplingly sad that I haven't been able too :/

should I force myself to eat more, or just wait until I'm not so down and just do what my body wants?

Replies

• gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think you should just wait. As long as you are eating and not skipping on meals. I hope whatever you are feeling or going through will soon pass. Take care
  • monstercakes
    monstercakes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    just try to get down as much as you can manage and focus on making YOU happy :heart:
    your appetite will return soon
    xo!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I get nauseated by food when I'm going through some *kitten* (breakups, work stress, etc.) I didn't force myself, otherwise I would have made myself sick. So I can't recommend you force yourself either if you're feelin' like I was. Eat when you can. Make it nutritious. Your appetite will come back slowly. Promise. Good luck.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Eat, but not so much you're sick.

You could also bring those calories up using liquid cals. It might help to invest in some pre-made nutrition shakes like Boost or Ensure. Then you don't have to focus on the fact that you're eating.
  • SabrinaNorton70
    SabrinaNorton70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I totally understand as this last week i was on the (stress/sad) diet without my consent or wanting it.....ahhh darn break ups and being dumped! no fun....if you dont feel like it -what can you do? you gotta just do what you can that makes you feel ok during this time.....
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I think you should just wait. As long as you are eating and not skipping on meals. I hope whatever you are feeling or going through will soon pass. Take care

Thats the thing- I AM skipping meals, especially breakfast. I am the saddest right after I wake up, and right before I go to bed. Which means the only full meal I eat all day is lunch, and I can barely stomach that.

I really don't want to go into starvation mode :(
  • Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just took the bar exam in July, and the entire time i was so sick to my stomach I couldn't eat. I ate some protein and vitamin bars, and drank juice to make sure i was getting my vitamins. I basically had to choke down the protein bars, but it helped keep me strong and focused.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever have this problem, I tend to eat more when stressed or sad...

but I would recommend you try to drink some of your calories in protein shakes so you at least get some nutrients in while you are sorting things out...
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for what ever happened <3 I would take some time to settle your stomach and know I am praying for you <3 I hope things resolve themselves quickly <3<3
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options

but I would recommend you try to drink some of your calories in protein shakes so you at least get some nutrients in while you are sorting things out...

This is a good idea!
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options

This is a good idea!

This is a good idea, but it's not just food, its anything that would go down my throat that I can't eat or drink. i can barely drink water

it's like I don't even have the energy to :(