Tomorrow will be day 1

Options
I’m going to try my best not to put anything into my mouth that I have not added to MyFitnessPal. As a new pescatarian who eats eggs & cheese. This is the beginning of a new set apart lifestyle.

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Why not today? Why not now?
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @danp Probably because it's the evening and @Kjelli2015 decided to start in the morning.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! 💙

I’m also a pescatarian. It’s been working great for me here, I’m halfway to my goal. Very exciting!

If you haven’t already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and educational.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    Why not today? Why not now?
    I'm starting the day after tomorrow.
  • bl3ss3dmfp
    bl3ss3dmfp Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Same here... Tomorrow will be day 1 (again) for me! Good luck to you!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    @danp Probably because it's the evening and @Kjelli2015 decided to start in the morning.

The problem is often tomorrow never comes. Starting tomorrow often ends up with starting at the next tomorrow and then that tomorrow isn't right so you start at the next tomorrow, then something goes awry in that tomorrow so you get determined that tomorrow. Tomorrow is going to be the day. And on and on and on.

If it's in the morning then start right away. If it's in the afternoon then start right away. If you've just eaten dinner then start right away. Even if it's just before you head off to bed then start right away. Wake up the next morning already started.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    @Kjelli2015

I've been a pescatarian for over 20 years. You can add me as a friend if you want. I log every day (except holidays and vacations) and give my MFP friends regular encouragement. I'm halfway to goal after 6 months.

I find that people who are active with friends and/or the message boards and who make their diaries open to friends are the most likely to stick around and lose weight.

Good luck!
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    It’s day 1 of the rest of your life!

I made my “tomorrow” declaration while out to eat, with a (very tasty) plate of BBQ pork nachos in front of me :D It was my last hoorah splurge. That was Sept. 9, and I am still going strong! I woke up that next morning, strapped on my Fitbit, found MFP (technically I joined in 2011 but never did anything with it), and here I am 10 lbs lighter, and getting stronger! You can do it!!