I hate when guys say "Your so cute to be big" like really du

Options
Hello people,
I am a fun loving self proclaimed fat girl whose stuck in a skinny girls mind frame. Of course I have the clothing to prove my most hideous fashion faux-pas (pants) and (ooooh no she "aint" wearing that) tops. In Aug 2012, I am going to be a sexy mother(watch your mouth). I'm a foodie foreal and I can cook (so I've been told) which adds to my probelm areas. At first I wanted to do a water fast, but that is not going to work for me. So, I came to *myfitnesspal* after watching a youtuber and(I will not call her out) I was completely blown away, the fact that this wonderous site is free was a bonus because at this point I would have paid for a membership.
I have been hearing that you need to do a whole lifestyle change while in the process of any diet. I may have some issues, especially in the beginning of things *coughs* like tonight. However, I will make a conscious effort to not make them frequently and most importantly I will be honest with myself. Feel free to send me a message or friend me, I need all the help I can get. So Im going to go put on my compression suit and jump on my elliptical for a half an hour to make up for my dinner and snack.

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I get it all the time too grrr :grumble:. Welcome...you'll love it here
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Friend request sent. I have a lot to lose as well and never really thought of myself as obese (but I am). I definately have a skinny girl mindset. Anyway, I'm going to be here a while, so happy to be friends. You sounds like a lot of fun.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on changing your lifestyle and losing weight! I just made the same transition, and I know it's going to be extremely difficult for me too, especially giving up a lot of the foods that I'd normally eat all the time.

I know you can do it and there are so many people on this site to turn to for help and support--including me! Feel free to add me as a friend, and good luck with your goals! You're worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    OMG I feel you girl, I got that my whole life... OHHHH you have such a beautiful face if only you would lose some weight.. I have always had such low self esteem I was abused by just about everyone in my life because I aloud them too.... not until I met my husband (and several several years of him drilling in my head LOL) that I realized I am beautiful NO matter what my weight.. I choose to get healthier due to a cancer scare but I knew that no matter what weight I was loved.. don't let anyone get you down girl, you are stunning!!!!
  • agent210
    Options
    It is amazing the things people say to people they do not know or know well, such as:

" you look really tired"
    " you great today"
    " whats wrong, you look terrible"
    " you you are cute for a big girl"

Wasn't there a time when people would keep their mouth shut if they thought those things? Its bad enough if your parents ask say it to you but if you do not know the person, its a level rudeness that constantly amazes me!!

Keep your head up young lady. To quote Eleanor Roosevelt ( or paraphrase her)" no one can make you feel inferior without your permission."

To quote Maya Angelou- "when people show you who they are, pay attention!" That is my favorite quote and I am heeding her advice.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I too got that the last 20 years!! You know what?? Told them, who asked u??? I knew I had a weight problem, didn't need these "people" to tell me I would look "hot " if only I lost 10 or 15 lbs!!!! I've struggled all my life, yo-yoed up and downs.. hopefully this time this chicka will be "hot" for her 50th in a year and a half!!!

I think u will be fine!!!..lol..Got a good chuckle though at your sense of humour!! Compression suit!!!,,bahahaha!!! As long as u do any kind of moves girl, it's cardio!! I know u will love it here! Lots of support, inspirations and motivation!!!:smile:
  • lovetheweighitfeels
    lovetheweighitfeels Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Girl you are NOT the only one. I will be there with you with the sexiness in 2012!
  • DoriLuke
    DoriLuke Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck! Im hoping to do the same thing in 2012!!! :)

Heather