29 Y/O Female 1200 Calories/Day 40 LBS To Lose

Hey! I'm looking for some friends with an open diary who are in the same boat as me so I can get some ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Keep in mind - the way My Fitness Pal works is you get 1200 calories before exercise. If you exercise log it and eat a portion of those calories too. Usually start with a percentage (say 50%) because burns are tough to estimate in the beginning. You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Unless you are very sedentary and/or very petite you can still lose weight while eating more. You just won't lose as fast. The important thing is to find a calorie goal that you can be consistent with over time.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I don't eat as low as 1200 but I focus on getting protein at every meal. Protein, fiber and fat are filling components, you will need to experiment because it's a little different for everyone.

Breakfast is 2% Greek yogurt, berries, and a generous sprinkle of Fiber One cereal. Another breakfast option for me is a homemade Egg McMuffin. 1 egg + 1 egg white, 2% cheese slice, Canadian bacon slice, and a toasted high fiber English muffin.

Lunch can be a large salad with grilled chicken and "lightish" dressing (not fat free) and a piece of fruit. Frozen Healthy Choice meal and extra veggies. Homemade soup or stew (Skinny Taste has some great recipes) and a piece of fruit.

Dinner is where I have most of my calories, but some people like a large breakfast. Cooking at home helps me control calories.

I do save calories for 2 snacks - Ghiradelli chocolate, single service ice cream, or a snack sized bag of popcorn.

Chai tea in the afternoon with a little milk and sugar substitute can feel like a treat.
  • Kelduhh
    Kelduhh Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 31 and eat around the same amount of calories as well looking to lose 35-40lbs in the next 4 months. Add me 🙂
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    I am on about the same but I usually end up with closer to 1400.

I have small meals as I need quite a few snacks especaially in the afternoon to keep my blood sugar stable. I usually have a small breakfast that's high in protein like greek yoghurt with fruit or eggs. For lunches I generally have salads, soups or leftovers. Feel free to add me, I haven't been doing too well recently though!
  • MirandaLing777
    MirandaLing777 Posts: 14 Member
    I’m about the same, I’ll add you ❤️
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    For anyone considering a 1200 calorie diet:

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/
  • 29 here! 8 months till 30 and I’m determined to leave my 20s better than I found them! Ive got about 75 to lose by the end of June.