How did I get this big?

Options
I am an emotional eater and thought by sharing it maybe someone out there is going through the same thing. I started this last night and want some people to let me know how did they get overweight not by eating what happened????

Here is my story:
Feb 5 2010 I was called High Risk in my pregnancy and because my baby was only getting 10% of my calories Drs told me to increase my calories to 8000 a day! Eating every 2 hrs was exhausting but I did it to help her grow. On March 10 2010 I delievered our baby girl at 25 weeks 4 days of pregnancy. She passed away 10 days later from complications with being premature. After I loss Gracie I continued to eat and eat and eat. Now I am the same weight I was when I delievered my daughter and that is too much! I have had enough and now is the time to lose it!

Replies

• starwhisperer
    Options
    Your story breaks my heart for you. Good for you taking control of your eating! I hope this site helps you out.
  • Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    I got to my heaviest weight by having been brought up being taught that food is for comfort, fun and boredom. I sure hope I don't manage to teach that to my kids :/
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you. Good luck with your weight loss journey and remember we are always here for you!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm truly sorry for your loss. We are here to motivate and support you through your weight loss journey. You can do it! You started today by taking the first step and sharing your story. Log in what you ate today and eat right tomorrow and log it in as well. Compare the two days and then it should kick in for you. STAY STRONG! You can do it!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    sorry for your loss...please friend me if you'd like. I have a lot of fun and love the motivation on MFP. You can do it!
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oh, so sorry for your loss. I think each of us start out questioning the 'how?' and 'why?' of it. In reality it doesn't matter. All that counts now is looking forward, giving it your best and reclaiming your body. Good luck.
  • Chryzznit79
    Chryzznit79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I was preggers with my first I naively thought that I could eat whatever I wanted and it would evaporate when I gave birth - LOL gained 100 lbs with my first pregnancy, lost about 50 of it, then gained about another 100 with my second pregnancy.

I'm truly sorry for what you went through, I couldn't even imagine.
  • vkcooper
    vkcooper Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!!! As for adding friends maybe someone could tell me how! I have no idea how to do this but this is day 2 and I feel great so far! I know pregnant eating seems to be common and I had lost a ton of weight crash dieting right before I got pregnant. I want to do it right this time and make it lasting!!!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is good you found MFP. I became grossly overweight following an emotional breakdown. I ate and ate and ate, eating late at night, waking up in the middle of the night for numerous bowls of cereal and milk. This coupled with no exercise helped me to gain 100 pounds. I lost some on my own and some with TOPS before finding MFP in April 2010. I'm still working toward my goal and have had foot surgery thrown in the mix this summer; stopping me for a little while, but I gaining strength every day and hope to be back to regular exercise very soon.

Anyway, this site is an excellent motivational tool!! Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I promise you will see your child again.

Be the best person you can and use the support you get here to be that person.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!!! As for adding friends maybe someone could tell me how! I have no idea how to do this but this is day 2 and I feel great so far! I know pregnant eating seems to be common and I had lost a ton of weight crash dieting right before I got pregnant. I want to do it right this time and make it lasting!!!

Just click on the name you want to add and then click the green box that says Add Friend :)
  • vkcooper
    vkcooper Posts: 35
    Options
    GOT IT Thanks guys! Your support means a lot!
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional eater and thought by sharing it maybe someone out there is going through the same thing. I started this last night and want some people to let me know how did they get overweight not by eating what happened????

Here is my story:
    Feb 5 2010 I was called High Risk in my pregnancy and because my baby was only getting 10% of my calories Drs told me to increase my calories to 8000 a day! Eating every 2 hrs was exhausting but I did it to help her grow. On March 10 2010 I delievered our baby girl at 25 weeks 4 days of pregnancy. She passed away 10 days later from complications with being premature. After I loss Gracie I continued to eat and eat and eat. Now I am the same weight I was when I delievered my daughter and that is too much! I have had enough and now is the time to lose it!

I'm an emotional eater too. For years I used drugs and alcohol to self medicate, then I got clean and sober...and fat. Went from 135 lbs to 185 lbs in one month. Then I had my girls and got even heavier, 238 at my heaviest. Did the lean for life program and got down to 127 lbs, to thin for my frame...then my good friend stress started ramping up again. I got back up to 230. I've been fighting for 5 years to lose the weight and control my eating habits. This site is my saving grace, I get to track my intake so I can be fully aware of what I'm putting in. I'm finding that it makes it alot easier to not eat those extras, especially in the evening which is when I would eat most often.

Add me if you want. I hope this helps.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Your story is touching, so sorry about your little Grace. Wishing you good health and happiness, I'm glad you found MFP to help you on your journey! :)

Lucy
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    my sincere sympathies on your loss and wishing you sucess on your new journey.
  • RDH77
    RDH77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My gosh, I'm so sorry for your loss.