More PROTEIN!!!! Snacks, Breakfast, Dinner!

Options
Raffinee22
Raffinee22 Posts: 4 Member
Hey guys,

New to this and am trying to eat more protein!! My little pie is always over 50% carbs. Any ideas besides peanut butter and protein powder? Recipes would be awesome too :)

Thanks!
Raff

Replies

• kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    low fat cheeses, any lean meat (chicken, beef, etc), eggs. are you vegitarian/vegan? if so, other could tell you better 'cause i like my meat.
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    eggs, cottage cheese, and tuna are the first that come to my mind. I'm also a big fan of trailmix (as long as it isn't super salty).
  • kajones2009
    kajones2009 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Beans! they have so much protein. Put some in a tortilla, cover them in bbq sauce, cook them in ham, have a bowl of chilli!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I have the exact opposite problem. I'm ALWAYS over on the protein. One of my favorite protein items is the Premier Protein Bars. You can get them at Costco in a white box with assorted flavors. They have 30 g protein......that's more than a chicken dinner! They taste really good too. Lisa
  • Sunnimyst
    Sunnimyst Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of protein in meats, eggs and beans. . .if you like hummus it also has a lot of protein.
  • Blackdog2001
    Options
    I use protein bars. One half of the bar before my workout and the rest when I'm done. It gives me a good shot of protein that allows my muscles to repair so that they can be better prepared to burn more fat :D
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Don't discount beef jerky, peanut butter and protein shakes.
  • LaneAndKent
    LaneAndKent Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek nonfat yogurt has a TON of protein. You may not like it from the cup, but it is a fair substitute for sour cream and great in many smoothies! It has far more protein per serving than peanut butter, but no fat and half the calories.
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of chicken, turkey, cottage cheese, beans, almonds, edamame and eggs...all are high in protein.

Good Luck!!

:D
  • Telsera
    Telsera Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You could try cottage cheese. Breakstone actually sells little snack sized ones that are about 100 calories and they've got almost 11g of protein in that little yogurt sized cup. The Kashi GoLean cereal I usually have for breakfast has 13g of protein per serving, which is great because I don't have to try to cook an egg or something in the morning. Also the biggest loser and special K protein drink powders are pretty good, they don't get thick like a shake. I like the lemonade flavored ones, I haven't tried the other flavors yet.
  • s320hall
    Options
    I have just the opposite problem! I can't seem to hit my calorie or carb goal each day. I'm struggling to reach 1200 cal. I always hit my protein.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Ive been putting a hand full of beans in my salad and that pack a good amount of protein alone. Also Fage' 0% fat greek yogurt has 12 grams of protein per serving. Mix it with some chopped fruit and a drizzle of honey, yum!
  • Raffinee22
    Raffinee22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all these tips!! Really helped me out!