Zumba??

Options
jmelyan23
jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
Just wondering if there's anybody out there who has tried Zumba and it's really worked for them. I bought the program a while ago and only used it once or twice, so I don't really know what the results will be.

Was it fun and did it work?

Replies

• NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I got it on Wii, and I REALLY like it!!! It gets easier each time you do it. :bigsmile:
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba!!!! Did I mention that I love it? LOL!!! But I do it in person at the gym in a class. Never tried the video. And yes, I have lost 12 pounds between that and watching what I eat.
  • luvtrails
    luvtrails Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a blast and I am totally addicted to it. I dropped two dress sizes in four months while eating more. One caution, it can be hard on the joints, especially the knees. Wear good shoes and stretch. I go to a class...much more effective and motivating for me. Enjoy!
  • KimM93000
    KimM93000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just went to my first Zumba class tonight & also have it on my PS3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! Check out this website that shows how many calories you burn while doing it. It is a GREAT workout & lots of fun too! http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I adore Zumba, take it in person in class :)
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in less than 30 days with zumba and watching my cals! Love it. I use the dvds I haven't been to a live class but I want to.
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba at LA Fitness for months now. I haven't lost anything, but sprained my ankle in February and just trying to get back on track. My food habits are my main issue, but I LOVE Zumba!!!
  • wearystar
    wearystar Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    classes are ridiculously fun and i miss them so much. the tv ones are okay, but classes get me way more amped up. it helped me drop a few pounds, maintain and surprisingly get a bit toned :)
  • carolinecure
    Options
    I just started zumba last week and have been watching what I eat and have already lost 2 Ibs.. Doing zumba in a class will leave you dripping in sweat and it it soo much fun.!! I have the zumba game on the xbox but its alot better doing it through a class.. Good luck!:happy:
  • robyn525
    robyn525 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba too. I have a fitness class at my work that got me into it. Yes it is hard at first, but you get use to it and more flexible. I do find the Wii one harder at first as they have you moving a lot all the time and not showing the easier steps.

I did loose 7 pounds in 3 weeks from Zumba and eating right. I gained 5 pounds back because of vacation and not eating right. I am back on it now.

Maybe try some Zumba classes or the Zumba Fitness game before giving it up as I love it.

I finally found a fitness course that is not too hard for me. It is also fun and better than going on a treadmill as I get bored with the same rountine. My Zumba instructor changes things up after a while and does new things. :)
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I just love rumba . I take in person class at my gym. Each class has different instructor so moves varies also and I absolutely love that. Feels oh so good
  • noturninback
    noturninback Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump :wink:
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I don't do Zumba exclusively (or any exercise, for that matter), but I do know that a 60 minute class kicks my butt! I have a HRM and my heart rate stays up to or over my fat-burning zone the whole time. I usually burn 500-600 calories per class.
  • lowridershank
    lowridershank Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Zumba on the Wii is my favorite exercise. If you like to dance, you will enjoy Zumba.
  • jwommy
    jwommy Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been doing zumba for 1 week now and I Love it!! I have lost 4lbs in 1 week. I do it at a gym and it is so much fun, Glad I decided to give it a try... could not do the other exercises because of health issues. Your Gonna Love it!!
  • carmysantos
    Options
    Absolutely Love it! It's fun and and really works! I do it at home because of time and it's the only thing along with watching what I eat and MFP that has helped me!
  • robyn525
    Options
    Thanks for the website. I see I burn more with it than saying I am doing Aerobics, general.

Wish MFP had a Zumba one to calculate. :)

By the way, you don't have to just love to dance. It is also great if you love music.

I know I have appreciated the people that do dance and our fit more now. Even cheerleaders that I use to be jealous of. I enjoy watching the live dance shows just to watch and listen to the music and steps.

Sometimes I wish I had the body for dancing as it feels so great to move and enjoy the music.
  • robyn525
    Options
    Thanks for the website. I see I burn more with it than saying I am doing Aerobics, general.

Wish MFP had a Zumba one to calculate. :)

By the way, you don't have to just love to dance. It is also great if you love music.

I know I have appreciated the people that do dance and our fit more now. Even cheerleaders that I use to be jealous of. I enjoy watching the live dance shows just to watch and listen to the music and steps.

Sometimes I wish I had the body for dancing as it feels so great to move and enjoy the music.

Haha this posted twice. :)
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    OH MY GOSH I LOVE ZUMBA!! :) I take an actual class. I don't really like it in the games. It's so much fun, makes me feel sexy, and I have definitely lost weight since I started going. And my husband says my butt looks tighter, which is pretty awesome!
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have it for the wii and it's lots of fun. I've just started so I don't know how much I've lost due to it yet