Options
2»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    You are not the OP.

I said OP asked 2 years ago.

Perhaps you would be better off starting a new thread so people can see it is another members question now.
  • always_smilin_D
    always_smilin_D Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I came across this thread!!!... I just had my mirena removed on Tuesday and I am freaking out.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    This is a really old thread, but I'll answer to say that I'm on my 3rd mirena & have never had any of the problems listed here. I had the first one for about 2 years & had it removed so I could get pregnant which happened within a month or so afterwards. After I had the baby I got another one. I kept that one for about 8 years (longer than recommended here in the USA) & had no problems with it. I only had it removed because it had been in so long. I waited a cycle & then had my new one put in. I never had any "toxins" that needed to be released. I never had any kind of crash. I love the mirena--I'll have one until I've gone through menopause.
  • southernista
    southernista Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am looking at having mine out so this has been extremely helpful. Once I had it put in, I started spotting, so they put me on four months of birth control pills. I am very uncomfortable at the idea of throwing more hormones at the problem. I have had 19 day cycles, heavy periods, and lots of spotting and discharge without the pills. Due to having to take progesterone with my last two pregnancies, I think that's the imbalance. I eat mostly clean and drink lots of water, but I still do the occasional dairy/wheat/alcohol and lots of coffee. My question is on the vitex and the evening primrose, can you take those while nursing?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think that the best 'detox' (IinnowaysupportorendorsetheideathatthereisanythingtoxicrequiringdetoxfromMirena) from Mirena would simply be not having one and letting stuff settle. Vitamins will help if you have a deficiency. If you don't you'll just pee out the excess.
  • sarahsubscribes2
    Options
    7gzdlx7fllnv.jpg
  • SLL1803
    SLL1803 Posts: 49 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Whoops, didn't notice the necromancy.

There's still no such thing as detox.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Warning - necro thread revival :)

AGAIN by a first time poster... Make it stop.
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I had mirena for years. Didn’t have any problems with it except no period which was awesome. Took it out and ended up with a major growth of facial hair within a couple months. I have no advice, I don’t think anything will cleanse anything or detox anything, your body is made to do that naturally. Had a new mirena placed a month ago, happy to yet again have no period.