Options
CSelf1
CSelf1 Posts: 431 Member
Anyone? Bueller?

Replies

• emtgirl14
    emtgirl14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This isn't really a recipe, but it was easy!

1 tilapia fillet
    2 lemon slices
    1/2 tbsp of butter

Put all that into a ziplock steam fresh bag and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Tah-dah! So easy and fast. The fish tastes so good by itself that you don't need to add much flavor:)

Sorry I don't have anything more interesting! lol:)
  • melmarler
    Options
    I like to keep it real simple and sprinkle with cayene pepper and bake until done. Then drizzle a nice balsamic vinegar over it. Mandarin/Fig balsamic vinegar is AMAZING.
  • sdrlatg
    sdrlatg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/2010.

if you like parmesan cheese - this is AMAZING!! enjoy :)
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    We bake ours with parsley flakes, lemon juice, a small amount of olive oil, and minced garlic. Bake at 350 for about ten minutes. I like to pull it apart and eat it in tacos.
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    ANYONE?! ANYONE?!

I actually had Tilapia tonight!!

Preheat to 350
    I fork little holes in it and spread about a teaspoon of butter on it (melted)
    Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning on it
    Bake it for 20 minutes (or until flaky)

I serve it with veggies and rice. :)

Easy and quick!
  • blondechic213
    Options
    Almond Crusted Tilpaia (serves 2)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup almonds
    2 tbsp. breadcrumbs (or bake 1 slice of bread at 300 degrees for 5 minutes on each side)
    1 tsp. Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
    1 tbsp. dijon mustard
    2 (6oz.) tilapia fillets
    chopped fresh parsley

Directions:

Place first three ingredients in a blender or food processor for 45 seconds or until finely ground
    Transfer crumbs to shallow dish
    Brush mustard over both sides of fillets
    Dip into crumb mixture
    Apply no stick cooking spray to a skillet and heat fillets on medium heat for 5 minutes each side
    Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy.

If you make your own breadcrumbs, it saves a ton of calories and sodium and doesn't take much time. Nutrition facts are based on making your own breadcrumbs and are per serving.

Calories: 208
    Carbs: 7
    Fat: 6
    Protein: 34
    Sugar: 1
    Sodium: 155
  • Amandajean1105
    Amandajean1105 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump:bigsmile:
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    i had tilapia tonight. you can check out my food diary to see how many calories it was. i had pan fried parmesan crusted tilapia.

2/3 parmesan bread crumbs
    1/4 parmesan cheese topping
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1 egg
    1/4 milk
    tilapia
    oil

mix bread crumbs and parmesan topping and paprika together. mix egg and milk in separate bowl. heat up a little oil. dip fish in egg n milk mixture then bread crumbs mixture and brown.

it was excellente
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I use a bbq style seasoning and then just spray some Pam and cook it in a skillet. Flip to cook just a smidgen more on the other side. I also add cayenne to mine for the kick. Using the skillet is way fast and makes a slight crust without the use of breading. I've learned to just find a seasoning I like because this type of fish will absorb it.

Not really a recipe but a technique.
  • emtgirl14
    emtgirl14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    blondechic, that sounds really delicious! Thanks!:)
  • CSelf1
    CSelf1 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!!! These all sound SO AMAZING...my stomach is growling! Is it lunch time yet?!? lol

Thank you all so much!

DavidS78...where are ya?!?! You need to choose which recipe we are making tomorrow!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Parmesean Encrusted Tilapia
    5 tilapia filets
    2T flour
    1C water
    2T lemon juice
    20 ritz or townhouse crackers, crushed
    1/4 c italian 4 cheese blend
    2t Italian Seasoning
    (FYI - this is all guestimation, sorry)

Put the flour on a plate, combine the water & lemon juice in a bowl, and crush up the crackers and mix with cheese and seasoning - put in bowl. Dip fish in flour, then water, then crumb mixture. drizzle evoo on a jelly roll pan (I put it on foil). Place the crumby fish on the jellyroll pan and bake at 425 for 20 minutes. Super-delish!
  • isabellammm
    isabellammm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I always make it the same way:

If its frozen, run it under hot water until it's thawed. Paper towel-pat it dry.
    Coat the fish in flour, just enough to make a really thin layer around it.
    Place it on a hot pan.. I usually use olive oil so it doesn't stick.
    Season it to taste! I use: garlic salt, oregano, dill, or really whatever spices I'm in the mood for.
    Let it cook on both sides until its white all the way through.

That's it! It's really simple and yummy ha
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just dry pat after lightly salting them and pan fry (little olive oil) after bathering in tempura mix. Umm... enjoy!:flowerforyou:
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Oh.My.GOD. yes. I have to try this!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup almonds
    2 tbsp. breadcrumbs (or bake 1 slice of bread at 300 degrees for 5 minutes on each side)
    1 tbsp. dijon mustard
    2 (6oz.) tilapia fillets
    chopped fresh parsley

Directions:

Place first three ingredients in a blender or food processor for 45 seconds or until finely ground
    Dip into crumb mixture
    Apply no stick cooking spray to a skillet and heat fillets on medium heat for 5 minutes each side

If you make your own breadcrumbs, it saves a ton of calories and sodium and doesn't take much time. Nutrition facts are based on making your own breadcrumbs and are per serving.

• StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Blackend seasoning, parmesan, white pepper, EVOO, About a teaspoon of evoo rub the filet down, then sprinkle seasoning, then sprinkle grated parm on it. Cook on in a preheated non-stick pan and it crusts up perfect. serve with Quinoa & Basil Pesto.
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    OMG, BUMP I love tilapia
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Ingredients:

1/4 cup almonds
    1 tbsp. dijon mustard
    2 (6oz.) tilapia fillets
    chopped fresh parsley

Directions:

Dip into crumb mixture

This looks yummy!
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Always been afraid to cook fish...thanks for the suggestions.
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Bake/pan cook/or microwave with alittle cayenne, black pepper,garlic powder, sometimes Ginger. Place in a whole wheat tortilla top with a tbsp or two of salsa and Bon appetite!! I've also taken veggie stir fry and tossed in a little tilapia-different but yum