Need help, Trying to bulk!

Options
Hello,

I got into working out a couple months ago, and I noticed I'm not gaining much weight. After a couple hours of research i figured out that bulking is my best option.
I've been taking online calculators to find my macros which are:

-2760/D Calories

-345g/D Carbs

-92/D Fats

-138g/D Protein

Would this be accurate for someone 22, 6ft tall and weighs 168?

Also, another question would be is there a starter meal prep template I could use so I could get an idea of how I need to eat to meet these macros, i have no idea how to coordinate these macros into balanced meals.

I'm fairly new to all this and hoping i could get some of my questions answered!

Thank you,

Replies

• skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You will get a million different answers here..My opinion is your protein is a little low for bulk..Dont go crazy with macros.Eat at a surplus..Try to eat 5-6 meals per day....You can always adjust as you see fit.
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Once you find your maintenance calories for the day, add some calories so your in a surplus like the above poster said.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Most research I've seen supports/suggests 1g/lb on protein and a surplus of around 1% body weight per month for a relative beginner like yourself. That should work out to around +0.5 lb/week aka averaging +250/day surplus.