What is the best and reasonably priced HRM to use?

Options
This has probably been asked before, sorry. Are these worth buying and what is the easiest one to use that won't cost me an arm and a leg.? Thanks.

Replies

• ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    through Hours of research--- the Polar FT7. Not the cheapest, but the one that will be accurate and give you what you need to know. You can find it between 75-100 bucks
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This is the one I have my eye on:

Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor

http://tinyurl.com/3evblel
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You will find a lot of support from MFPers for Polar FT4 or FT7. I have a FT7 and love it. The only difference I'm aware of between the 2 is the memory capacity - 4 is I think 10? sessions - 7 is 20 - but you might want to do a direct comparison of features if you do go for one.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    relating to this, ive seen many people say the chest hrms are much better than the wrist hrms, is this due to accuracy? Ive been looking into getting one also and the wrist ones are so much cheaper.
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    edit => LOL - that should have read "non"-strap ones are known for ....

Yes absolutely - strap ones are known for being much less accurate. There is even quite some variability between the strap ones. I originally looked at a Timex that "seemed" to get good reviews - but as I dug a little deeper I note a lot of complaints about inaccurate calorie count.

Though that could also in part be due to the algorithm used between makers for calculating the calorie burn by HR.

But anyway - the Polar's are noted for accuracy & I haven't had an issue with mine. The wearlink straps on the Polars anyway are very comfortable not like the old rigid plastic ones.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    awesome, thanks!
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I recently picked up a Bowflex brand HRM. Came with a chest strap (the only way it will continuously monitor). So far seems decent enough. Has the basics: HRM, low, max, percentage of maximum heart rate, alarms, laps, calorie counter, stop watch, % fat burned, etc. My local Big5 sporting goods had it on sale for $40. Their retail price on it was $129.

Seems to be working okay. Instructions could be a bit more detailed on the set up, but can't really complain for the price.
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!