I NEED A GOOD HRM

Options
I thought I had choosen the right watch, the Polar ft4 until I read tonight that it blinks out, so who has a really good HRM, that will not cost me a kidney.

Replies

• likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I bought the Polar F6 and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I have had it for 2 years now with no problem what so ever.... :smile:
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I bought the Polar F6 and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I have had it for 2 years now with no problem what so ever.... :smile:

That is the one I was originally looking at, Polar does not make the F6 any longer. :cry:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I love my polar blue tooth. No watch part. but it syncs with my smart phone.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 as well. I got mine on Amazon last year. Check eBay or Craigslist also.
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the same one, so I'll be watching to see what everyone recommends.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The Polar F7 is great, as is the Sportsline 1025.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I use the Garmin 405cx. LOVE IT!
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by blinks out? I think you'll find FT4 & FT7 have about the biggest fan base around including on MFP by those after mid range value for money HRM.

I was having hassles with my FT7 but it turns out quite easy to keep it all ship shape. The key is look after the strap properly and keep it clean - when the guide says wash in machine or hand wash - it should say using "scalding" water & soap.

LOL - I just posted on another thread this exact same thing - but
    If the Polars that use the wearlink ever play up - this is what I recommend

Try popping "the strap" in a wide mouth cool drink bottle with scalding hot water & a little liquid soap/laundry soap - & give it the severe shake of it's life. Rinse thoroughly & dry.

Here is all the ins & outs of what I learned as I was also at the throw it out the window stage - but after learning a few tips I haven't had a problem since.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/322302-is-your-polar-wearlink-strap-giving-you-grief?hl=wearlink+grief#posts-4297229
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by blinks out? I think you'll find FT4 & FT7 have about the biggest fan base around including on MFP by those after mid range value for money HRM.

I was having hassles with my FT7 but it turns out quite easy to keep it all ship shape. The key is look after the strap properly and keep it clean - when the guide says wash in machine or hand wash - it should say using "scalding" water & soap.

LOL - I just posted on another thread this exact same thing - but
    If the Polars that use the wearlink ever play up - this is what I recommend

Try popping "the strap" in a wide mouth cool drink bottle with scalding hot water & a little liquid soap/laundry soap - & give it the severe shake of it's life. Rinse thoroughly & dry.

Here is all the ins & outs of what I learned as I was also at the throw it out the window stage - but after learning a few tips I haven't had a problem since.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/322302-is-your-polar-wearlink-strap-giving-you-grief?hl=wearlink+grief#posts-4297229

I don't have a Polar f4 yet, I read that other MFPers had concern's I am going out today to look for a good HRM. Thanks all.