energy drinks

i have a caffeine addiction and it's become a 0-cal energy drink addiction (namely, Bang). i used to get caffeine other ways - iced coffee, etc., but now i like bangs bc the low calories but high caffeine. how much damage am i doing to my body with this bang addiction???

Replies

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,155 Member
    What damage do you think you're doing? Unless you have some sort of condition that caffeine would impact, like high blood pressure or something, what difference would it make whether you got it from coffee or an energy drink? I'm not sure about the long-term side effects, but for me personally--you can take my Monster Ultra from my cold, dead hands! I've had 1-2 of those a day, plus a few cups of coffee for years with absolutely no noticeable side effects.
  • madis0nliz
    madis0nliz Posts: 36 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    What damage do you think you're doing? Unless you have some sort of condition that caffeine would impact, like high blood pressure or something, what difference would it make whether you got it from coffee or an energy drink? I'm not sure about the long-term side effects, but for me personally--you can take my Monster Ultra from my cold, dead hands! I've had 1-2 of those a day, plus a few cups of coffee for years with absolutely no noticeable side effects.

i like the life you're living
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited November 2019
    How many Bangs are you drinking a day? 1 or 2, you're probably fine minus some unknown medical issue. More than that, probably not good.

And I'm with @COGypsy, you can pry my one-a-day Monster Ultra Zero from my cold, dead hands.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    I love my sugar free Red Bull, I just have to pay attention to the time of day because it will affect my sleep if I drink it too close to bed time.
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    Most likely none...unless you are putting back a 6pack a day. Not much wrong with a reasonable dose of caffeine.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    madis0nliz wrote: »
    i have a caffeine addiction and it's become a 0-cal energy drink addiction (namely, Bang). i used to get caffeine other ways - iced coffee, etc., but now i like bangs bc the low calories but high caffeine. how much damage am i doing to my body with this bang addiction???

Please quantify how much caffeine you are intaking per day.