Wii Balance Board - Zumba?

Options
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has the Zumba game for the Wii (w/ balance board)? I just got the balance board tonight, I hate the Wii Fit game -- too much yakking, not enough working out! -- I've never done a Zumba class but I hear they are great, and I was wondering if the Zumba game is good too. Any other exercise favorites you use with the balance board? Thanks!

- Trish

Replies

• bridgettegarzonie
    bridgettegarzonie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active is good. You don't need the balance board though for all of them. It's a good workout!
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    i have the zumba for wii after getting a bunch of recommendations from people on mfp. i like it so far, but have only worked out with it a few times because i just got it a few days ago. you can't use the balance board for it, you're dancing all over the place. it is a bit awkward with the placement of the wii remote and some of the movements. i don't think that it really picks up on what you're doing that well, but it's good enough to use. it gives you a score at the end of your workout. it really is a great workout! i never did it in class (i'm so uncoordinated) so it's great to be able to do it in your home by yourself first.
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    I had the zumba game -- tried to use it and ended up trading it in at game stop. Some people love it -- I thought it was too fast. Way faster than the actual class.

I love the balance board. I do all the Fit plus exercises -- the biking one where you collect the flags or beach balls is great for your tush! I like being able to set my own yoga/strength routine because it does the exercises one after the other without having to hit the A button every few minutes. And the you can combine the routines together to get a 15 minute cross training work out. I've lost 2 inches in my hips just doing Wii Fit as my exercise. So stick with it ---

Otherwise -- Just Dance 2 is a great workout as well .... it doesn't use the balance board though. I heard from a friend that biggest loser for Wii uses the balance board and is a hard workout. I guess they demoed it on the show and everyone was having difficulty with it.
  • Jeliica
    Jeliica Posts: 41
    Options
    The zumba is ok for wii. I don't like the music selection. I rather go to the one at the gym, they always have up to date beats and its much more motivational!