does anyone do intermittent fasting here?

Options
2»

Replies

• Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    lillola96 wrote: »
    Yes, I do, and if makes cutting calories SO much easier. At the moment I'm on 1400 calories a day to lose weight. I tried fasting over dinner but it's so hard when you have a family/partner and socially as well, so I started fasting from 7pm until 11am. At first it was hard to skip breakfast - I used to eat a big bowl of oats so my body craved that food in the mornings, it took me a week to really get used to it and now I dont crave food in the morning at all. I eat my first meal at 11am (lunch), snack, early dinner and another snack before 7pm.

This is how we do it too, fasting from 7 pm till 11 am. Lunch at 11, snack at 3, dinner/dessert at 6:30. Amazing how many calories you can have for each of those when there are no other meals or especially pointless night snacking to eat into the calorie quota :) The first week we were hungry in the mornings, but that wore off quickly and now I have zero appetite until 11 a.m., and little to no interest in food after 7 pm. The mind and body adjust to IF. I've discovered that "hunger" is kind of a conditioned reflex based on anticipated meal times, not some forever fixed body signal that you can't manipulate a bit. When your brain finally processes that there's no such thing as breakfast anymore, you simply don't wake up with an appetite. For us, at least.

My dinner + dessert tonight was 965 calories & my wife's was 870, and man we were STUFFED - while hitting our calorie targets right on the nose and thereby losing the desired fat. That right there, in a nutshell, is why we love IF. It's 12:15 a.m. and I'm still stuffed LOL

I totally agree. Your body really does stop wanting food when you wake up. We have been conditioned to think that we are supposed to eat in the morning and that's the only reason why it's become hard for some to stop that mindset. But the truth is that 'breakfast' simply means breaking your fast and this can be done at any time you please. I love coming home in the evening and eating a large supper with no guilt :)
  • rumbaimom
    rumbaimom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I’ve been pleasantly surprised how my body has stopped craving the graze .
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    16:8 has been the thing that finally enabled me to lose weight and keep it off. Also, it has been a great pleasure to stick it to the man who opines that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. For me, it certainly ain't.