Intermittent Fasting

Options
Has anyone else tried intermittent fasting? Last week, I did 20:4 Monday through Friday, and ate normally over the weekend. I had some light headaches during the week, but that was the only bad effect. What are your experiences with the 20:4?

Replies

• Kennedyjules84
    Kennedyjules84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP for a while. I have decided to give it a go again, and started tracking my food yesterday with a 16:8 timeframe (ate between noon and 8pm). Worked pretty well and I stayed under my calorie limit for the day. Today I'm going to try 11:30 - 7:30pm. I got so hungry just now, before lunch, that I couldn't concentrate at work. I'm hoping that it will prevent two of my bad habits: constant snacking and eating before bed. I hope to keep it up.
  • Namtabmi
    Namtabmi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started 16/8 last week. Little bit of an adjustment and some hunger pangs in the morning. Aside from that I'm really liking it, especially being able to eat bigger meals. I get an extra 600 calories from breakfast to use wherever I like.
  • pinkess
    pinkess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Namtabmi wrote: »
    I started 16/8 last week. Little bit of an adjustment and some hunger pangs in the morning. Aside from that I'm really liking it, especially being able to eat bigger meals. I get an extra 600 calories from breakfast to use wherever I like.

I've just stated 16/8 this week and I have the same view so far. I love that it's stopped me snacking on a night (where I know lots of my calories come from) and I don't have to think about it when sleeping. Not eating in the morning isn't an issue for me and so far I've not been hungry before I break my fast at noon. I've been drinking lots of water though which is helping. Really quite excited to continue with this.
  • smsellers23
    smsellers23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Does anyone get heart burn? I'm only on day 2 and it's really bad
  • artist28387
    artist28387 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I did intermittent fasting on Weight Watchers and did well. I’m just doing calorie counting now and am still doing IM. We will see. I stop eating at 9pm and eat again at 10-11 am.

But I only do this every other day or maybe two days in a row.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    it works for me. I have no breakfasr, an apple and banana around noon then eat health 5-9. I sleep great and just get hungry about 11am, Mentally I had to learn that it is OK to be hungry sometime and drink a lot of zero calorie liquids.
  • Fernella13
    Fernella13 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It works well for me. I eat from 11am-7pm. I’m seeing improvements in my waist size. I exercise every morning and don’t have any negative side effects.