Post wisdom teeth removal food?

Options
Hey Ya'll

Just wondering if you had any ideas for what to eat post having all four of my wisdom teeth removed?

xxB.

Replies

• andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Soup, jello, pudding, slushies.. thats about it depending on how much pain you're in. It stings to eat the first day. I had a lot of protein shakes too, and mashed potatoes.. ice cream, smoothies, and then moved up to pasta and such. Good luck with the removal.. you will probably lose a few pounds like I did LOL =) xo
  • jessicahelene
    jessicahelene Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I got mine out last year around this time and I had a pretty rough go of it. I had mostly soup and frozen yogurt. I had trouble getting enough calories during that time.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Oooo. You poor thing. I went through the same thing in July. I recommend lots of yogurt and protein drinks. I bought the pre-made ones like Boost or Ensure. I did eat pudding but it made me crave more sugar. I also know some people eat applesauce, but personally I'm not a big fan. Mashed potatoes were the next thing I graduated to. Good luck!
  • corpseskank1
    corpseskank1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't remember much after mine...but I remember Cream of Wheat...and trying to watch the Andromeda Strain...
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    In April when I had mine removed I lived on mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, grits, jello temptations, milk shakes (NO STRAW! Can cause dry pockets! OUCH!) and smoothies. Season your mashed and you'll be good.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Soft, smooth food, but NOT sweet food (custard, pudding, sweet yoghurt and jelly). I ate puddings and custard after I had all my wisdom teeth out and because I couldn't brush so vigorously while my gums were healing, I needed 3 fillings in my back teeth when I next visited the dentist 6 months later.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My husband ate soups, yogurt, mashed potatoes, baby food (any flavor as long as it's the smooth stuff), smoothies, milk shakes, ice cream, etc. Pretty much if he could smash it with his tongue onto the roof of his mouth it was doable. He couldn't chew so it had to be soft or drinkable.

He did get to the point by the end of the week that he begged me to give him a cheeseburger and fries. Being the good wife I am I blended a quarter pounder until it was smooth and gave it to him. Then I blended ketchup with fries and gave that to him separately. We no longer eat McDonald's but he will still tell you that that was the BEST hamburger and fries he's ever had. :D I had to eat turned away from him because it just looked nasty! It was smooth though so he could eat it!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i ate mashed potatos the whole time lmfao atleast thats all i remember i got mine out when i was 14 i was so wacked out on the drugs tho all i remember is hysterical crying fits for no reason (my parents basically said they thought i was deranged)
  • bethanyjarvis
    bethanyjarvis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice!!

So day 2 of having all 4 taken out under anaesthetic and no swelling or pain.. kinda wierd

But anyway, the food is sucky!! Let me tell you that much.. can't wait for something decent!!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i ate a lot of soup, smoothies, ice cream, yogurt, and BABY FOOD.

i moved up to bananas a few days later.

also, try some protein shakes! they kept me pretty full.

good luck! i had 4 impacted ones taken out a couple years ago...worst week of my LIFE!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I didn't have much pain or swelling. I ate cottage cheese, yogurt, pudding, and brothy soups the first day but the second I graduated myself to pasta.