Ladies....

Options
Does PMS effect you very badly? I've noticed lately that my PMS is getting so bad to the point that I can't tell if it's actually PMS or if I'm becoming bipolar. One second I'm happy and the next I'm balling my eyes out over the stupidest *kitten*. UGH I don't know what to do about it.

Replies

• katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    PMS is HUGE for me, the older i get the worse it is. I actually went to my doctor because I am just an emotional mess, and found that many ladies suffer from pms emotional issues! YOU ARE NOT ALONE
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I'm in total agreement with the older you get the worse it is. I have to keep track of my cycles and I can tell when I'm 2-3 days out I turn in to mega *kitten* so I have learned to be really quiet that day and just walk away from situations that I would regret if my hormones were in control.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,616 Member
    Options
    Aside of wanting to eat everything in sight mine isn't as bad as it used to be. My cycle is very wacky though. I'd see your doctor if this keeps up.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yep! some months I'm a raging lunatic, others I'm OK. Last month I was psychotic. I find that when I am being more adherent to a decent diet and working out regularly it gets better, but then when I am eating all the chocolates and skipping gym days, it tends to make me more psycho. But, life. ANd sometimes the eating chocolates and not working out happens.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Are you on hormonal birth control? When I was on the pill I was a lunatic. I was up and down constantly and even had some pretty scary suicidal thoughts. My dr was surprised cuz I was on super low doses but 2/3 brands I tried made me crazy. It took quite a few months to really start affecting me (like 6+) so if you’re newly on it or changed brands/types even in the last year or so that could explain why you’re finding it worse now.