Any positive feelings about Daylight Savings Time?

Options
2»

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    i like it a lot
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Follow up question- do you like it how it currently is: spring to fall?
  • sammidelvecchio
    Options
    Yes
  • sammidelvecchio
    Options
    then again, i can see it making sense to reverse it so that we don't have SO much darkness in the winter. idk, i see the pros and cons of all the scenarios I guess but I like it.
  • mindstateofamonster
    Options
    When it falls back that 1 day is dope, we get an extra hour to Live Life.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    The light affects my sleep patterns. If it’s too dark too early it’s depressing and makes me want to go to bed earlier and if it’s too light too early then I wake up earlier than expected. Also I don’t mind the extra hour of sleep when it changes in November.

Yep, I just go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. I decide my sleep schedule based on the sun. It messes with my head though. We have dinner an hour earlier after DST ends, kids' bedtime an hour earlier so we still get the same amount of time in the evening before our "earlier" bedtime. But work ends later so it's tricky. But now we have more time before work... yeah, I'd love to stop doing this twice a year.

Look at the bright side, the money saved on electricity bills in the morning are better spent shopping durning the evenings anyways. 😬
  • dagee2
    dagee2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I loathe DST. Give me standard time all year round! I hate trying to put my kids to bed during the summer and having it still be bright and sunny out.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I can't say its my favorite. It makes it difficult with small children, even bigger children. And that makes my life more difficult. So, not a fan.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    wcenol1vkqa3.jpeg