Fat Frustrated Teenager

Options
RaynDrops_
RaynDrops_ Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2019 in Introduce Yourself
So, first of all... I AM FAT! I love food, but I hate being fat.

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us are in the same boat. That's why I lift weights. So I can eat more. Pretty much the main reason!!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Tell us more about yourself. How old are you?
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    OP looks very young in her profile (and not too overweight). This is not the place for her If she is under 18.
  • RaynDrops_
    Options
    I'm 18, I will turn 19 next year. I actually already lost almost 10 kilos. But I'm gaining weight again. My BMI is normal now but as a teenager at my age I really want to look skinnier.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and what do you weigh?

What exercise are you doing?
  • RaynDrops_
    Options
    5"3' and 136 lbs. I'm doing light exercises since I can't afford going to gym. And I am on a diet right now, Keto to be specific.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    You don't really need a gym to get in a good workout. Going to the gym can be *inspiring* and *efficient* and even a *preference* because of the previous two things, but I've lost scads of weight just by walking. There are also quite a few body weight exercises that you can do at home to build strength and keep your muscles properly toned and proportioned in a way you find visually appealing. Look at a few options like "You Are Your Own Gym" or "Convict Conditioning" (Not sure about the latter title, but it's similar in principle to YAYOG.). Things like jump rope, and hula-hooping only require inexpensive equipment and can be quite fun!

Also, if you LIKE the foods you eat under Keto, it may work for you, but the key thing to remember is that you lose weight by *eating at a caloric deficit.* As long as you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight. There are a ton of different eating patterns designed to help you eat less calories, but they ALL WORK THE SAME WAY - by helping you eat fewer calories than you burn. So if Keto doesn't end up being something you like, you can try another way of eating that keeps you eating at a deficit.

The other thing to remember is that if you haven't got much weight to lose - and it looks like you don't, you should look to lose that weight *slowly* so that you can build habits that will keep that weight OFF, instead of dropping your weight down quickly, and then returning to the eating pattern that put you at a weight you were unhappy with in the first place.

It may be that your normal way of living only needs a couple small tweaks to keep your weight in a place where you are happy - both with what you are eating, and also with your appearance.