Hi guys - New kiwi

Options
Anyone else from NZ?

My name's Jasmine, I'm 25 years old on Saturday. I used to weigh 60-64 kgs back in the day and was happy about that. Unfortunately since being with my partner over the past two years I've put on weight, and now am about 83 :( I'm hoping to change that because I'm definitely NOT HAPPY with how I look, especially knowing how I used to look! I think my main problem now (previously I was eating too much fast food with him as an influence) is that I don't think I'm eating enough, could this sound right? I'm maintaining my weight around 82-84 but not losing any at all.

Looking to make new friends on here as well, help keep each other motivated :)

Replies

• lisabena
    Options
    I just joined this week too. I lived overseas for 5 years and moved back to NZ in January and have put on 15kg since then... too much delicious food... I saw a photo of me taken on the weekend and was horrified, so am seriously hard core about losing weight and exercising.
    I don't know about not eating enough... I think you're supposed to eat 5 small meals a day...?
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Yeah, my story is the exact same as yours. Try not to starve yourself, it's not going to help anything. Eat anything healthy and according to your BMR minus 500-1000 cals max. Thats the calculation to work out how to lose weight i think. But never drop below 1200 cals a day. And that means if you exercise too, that you need to eat the cals you worked off.

I need friends too to keep myself motivated. This site is fantastic for that.

You can do it, and your beautiful already. Remember that.

Sam
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Kia ora & welcome to MFP :smile:

Yep there are heaps of Kiwis on this site (most of my friends have ended up being Kiwi's lol!). While I'm not losing at the moment (as I'm preggy with #4) I'd love to support you on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • Taintedkitten
    Options
    Yeah, I probably eat maybe something when I get home from work at 2pm and a big dinner. Naughty me! I don't mean to eat like that, it's just a bad habit I developed. Part of the reason I was smaller when younger...was being a single student with not enough money I think, it's cause I didn't eat, hardly at all! Unless there was free food on offer then I could eat a lot lol

I also saw a picture taken of me last weekend and it made me cringe...my partner was going to FB it and I nearly flipped!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hey kia ora!

I'm in NZ - Auckland :) I moved over to study my PhD here and loving it!!

Yep similar story... when I was back in the UK and doing my undergrad I was what I consider my 'perfect' weight... fast forward 5 years and I'm not in that place any more haha....

Feel free to friend me - I need more Kiwi friends! :-)

H
  • judithtanielu
    judithtanielu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi im judy , Iam not a kiwi im from Australia but no matter where we live we all have something in common ..We are going to loose weight .I too have just joined ...Good luck to you all meeting new friends and reaching our goals ..........
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Taintedkitten
    Options
    I think part of the problem, where I gained the most weight, was when I fractured my back from a fall off a horse. I think I gained like 5-10 kg (don't know for sure) just in that short time period alone.
  • tracy116
    Options
    Hi there,

I moved to NZ from the UK 7 yrs ago with my husband and 2 children..... loving the lifestyle but the chips and dips are my downfall ... been on here for a week and loving it ...need some friends to keep me off those chips and dip spring is just around the corner and with all these lovely beaches would be a shame to hide away for the summer.:smile:

10601051.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • WachyBoo
    WachyBoo Posts: 37
    Options
    Kia Ora TK, (as in 'T'ainted'K'itten, not the semi sexy male doctor on our local weekday soap) Im new here too, so far Im loving it!

My journey to here begins with the unfortunate fate of loving a man who eats anything and everything, never changing his weight. Meanwhile Ive been joining him in his endless binge, sadly the scales read my every mouthful! Giving up smoking 4 weeks ago has only worsened my dilemma.

Time to take responsibility for my eating habits...

Hope you find this site as interesting and informative as I do. Its keeping me off FB which, in itself, is a major credit to MFP!

*waves from Ranfuly Shield Country, formerly known as Taranaki* :bigsmile:
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    Hi and welcome TK!

I live in Wellington and have just started back on MFP....I joined awhile ago but didn't really get far!
    Feel free to add me as a friend, is nice to have the support of fellow kiwis on our journey :smile:
  • sharbaby
    sharbaby Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    good morning yeah it took me a while to find a few nzs on here,, But I think once u find one u just need to look at there friends list and out pops all the other kiwi counterparts so good luck on ya journey