I need all your help!

Options
2»

Replies

• wannabeinshapeSandie
    Options
    My trainer told me to stay off of the nuts, I was eating 14 almonds a day and she told me that 14 almonds are half of my fat intake for the day! I quit eating nuts and lost weight until she went on her vacation now I am not loosing as fast but the nuts made a difference!
  • blissrelease
    Options
    Okay, read a few more answers, I have to ask, what are you calling a 30-45 minute workout? not being facetious, but I have been in gyms with people who get on a machine, push and pull, then wander 5 minutes, then a second set, wander, set 3, wander etc.

If you are working out, no more than 30 seconds of rest between sets. If you are walking, are you checking your pulse and pace?

If you can get access, one workout a week should be on a track. You should know exactly how fast you need to walk one lap in order to hit your target HR. And then from there, you can set goals for either walking faster, or a running program.

If you bike, do the same thing. Find a fixed route, use it as a measuring stick, normally a six mile loop is best. The goal is to start working to finish in less time than before, but not to exceed your target HR zone.

MIO makes a nifty little heart rate monitor (with a pedometer also) that isn't expensive. two fingers and it gives you your HR reading, and has a function to monitor your zone for you. it even takes your age, weight, etc and will set your goals based on them.

My whole point here is that to effectively exercise, you have to raise your heart rate into the TARGET ZONE (which is normally between 60-80% of your max heart rate). You can get those targets online. But, once you are in the ZONE, you need to keep it there for that 30 minutes a day. You can split it into 2 - 15 minute workouts, but 30 per day is what will keep your body burning calories.

Also, need to reiterate that you should eat all your SIMPLE carbs BEFORE dinner. Meaning you should avoid breads, pasta, etc at dinner and go for grains, proteins (fish, chicken, lean beef or pork), and complex carbs like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, spinach, squash, etc.

If you workout two times a day, and you exercise more than 20 minutes at night, you can have a small glass of chocolate milk (or small protein shake with a chromium supplement) immediately following to help build muscle. Just don't make it a 16oz'er

This was really helpful, thank you! My work outs at the gym are generally fifteen walking/light jogging on the treadmills at 2% incline, 15-30 minutes riding on the bikes (at resistance 17, but I'm not sure if that's good or not. It just makes it more work to push the pedals than say a 10). The only break I have is between, and that's just to grab my waterbottle and towel. At home, I do work outs from the Nike Training Club app. Some of them don't have breaks, and are 30-45 minutes, but some do have breaks which are 30 seconds, 1 minute or 2 minutes, depending.
    Thank you for your advice!
  • blissrelease
    Options
    My trainer told me to stay off of the nuts, I was eating 14 almonds a day and she told me that 14 almonds are half of my fat intake for the day! I quit eating nuts and lost weight until she went on her vacation now I am not loosing as fast but the nuts made a difference!

Oh wow! I had no idea. I knew some were a lot fattier than others, but I had no idea they could be that bad. Thank you!
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Eh, that trainer needs some continuous learning hours. Nuts are an incredible part of your diet. Anyone that is telling you to limit fats because nuts are HALF your allowance for fat is uninformed. Yes, you don't want to overload on fat, but your diet has a RANGE for fat, and that can be a little higher or lower every day. So, a serving every couple days of nuts is good for you because of the type of fats they add to your diet.

Read about nuts on the net, you'll see that you can't always believe the trainer blindly.