Cat or Dog Poll

pizzamyheart
pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
Are you a cat person or a dog person? It seems like there are many cat people here. I was just curious the ratio of cat to dog people. So, cat or dog?

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    and idk, can we say both?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I say both, but with a stronger leaning toward cats at present.

And yeah, I mean there are families and persons who have both cats and dogs, so why not?
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Dog .. have a cat also
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    dog, but also have a cat, horse, and lots of chickens
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Dog person, but I also have a cat
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Much more a dog person, although currently have only an outside cat that kind of adopted us
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Always considered myself a dog person, but with only 2 dogs and 13 cats i may need to reconsider.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    dog-pun12.jpg
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    dog
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    edited November 2019
    I love both and all animals but my baby is my 13 lb. grey and white long hair ragdoll "kitten". He follows me everywhere and mews "mama"! I grew up in a home with 13 cats at one time, also several dogs over the years, but my babies are my cats. We now have four cats and one dog.

It may be a stereotype but I think people who like to hang out on the internet are generally possibly more cat people, maybe more introverted than dog people.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I like cats and dogs but I'm partial to keeping cats, they work well with my crazy schedule. And I love cats.

Cats are great.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    IMG_8510-1024x683.jpg
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I’m a dog person. I have owned a few cats in the past, but dogs are more suited to our family.
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    I prefer cats but do have a dog currently. Here is Mr. Benny

1rxc39hzg0ji.jpg
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    I'm an animal lover overall but I'd say dog person because I'm severely allergic to cats and couldn't ever have one as a pet. So, two dogs share my life.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Used to be cat, but more and more leaning to dogs. If I really had a choice, I would have a couple of lambs for pets. Fun to walk. Soft to pet. Ok if you ignore them a day or two.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I wouldn't trade my cats for any dog in the world, but I would say I am generally speaking more a dog person.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I currently have three dogs and no cats.

I’ve been involved in dog rescue for over 30 years. I specialize in working with abused or neglected dogs. All of my pets have come from this group.

I’ve rescued two cats but prefer dogs and always have a pack of them.