ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Good luck with you weight loss.
  • jenahaynes
    Options
  • rachl85
    rachl85 Posts: 1
    Options
    im finding it hard to reach my goal of 1350 daily (i always seem to have between 100-200 left) and have 28lbs to shed, im excercising but just not shifting the weight
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    because it would be hard to weigh yourself if the scale kept moving on you
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Albayin: You are right about me not being patient lol but you are very wrong that I didn't have much weight to lose in the first place lol, but thanks though it made me feel good lol! I have about 44 pounds to go to where I want to be. I've had three kids and am huge! I do need to incoprate more exercise most of my exercise comes from cleaning and pilates. I had brain surgery in January I have Chiari and it's hard to do all the moving around somedays. I don't have an excuse for walking though. Thanks :)
    I was judging you by the picture, haha. Thank you for sharing your thought with me. And sorry if my prejudice offended you in anyway. If you have that much to lose, I would have to agree with others that you do need eat more to lose more. Ironic? :)
    DId you use MFP to set the daily goal for you or did you just randomly come with that number? Maybe trusting the website to do the calculation is a good start. Best of luck!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Oh I wish there was some muscle in there somewhere lol!
    There is. When you lose the fat layer, those muscles will show. LOL. This is particularly true for those who carry more weight. They need strong muscles to move around.
  • jenahaynes
    Options
    albayin: Lol, that picture wasn't to long ago and am same weight I am now it's just face up. I don't do many photo's with the other fluffy parts of my body ex: belly, thunder thighs lol. You didn't offend me in anyway :) I hope I see that muscle soon. lol Oh and I just made up the number.
  • pipistrula
    Options
    its about 10 hours later,I know, but I found a thread that made me think of your post and I wanted to share it!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I've been doing this for a while and staying under 1,000 Calories a day and the scale is slowly moving! I'm also working out should I lower my daily caloric intake to 800?? Most of the time I have left over Calories. I feel like I'm working for nothing! :( Is this going on with anyone else?

If this sounds awful I am sorry in advance.......you have been on here a year and are doing this?! Wow
    I say eat more. 1200 isn't a majic number and neither is starvation
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I've been doing this for a while and staying under 1,000 Calories a day and the scale is slowly moving! I'm also working out should I lower my daily caloric intake to 800?? Most of the time I have left over Calories. I feel like I'm working for nothing! :( Is this going on with anyone else?

You're eating way too low! That's probably the reason why you don't lose weight. In this way, out body thinks there's a "famine" going on & its natural response will be to store more fat that makes your metabolism slow down so you won't "die". Unless the doctor advises you to go 1,000 cals. or below, its not advisable to eat that little amount especially if you're feeling hungry & weak. Another thing, you might also want to consider taking your body measurements & if there isn't a change there either, then your body is storing fat.
  • jenahaynes
    Options
    Crystal Caos: Lol, yes it says a year but it hasn't been that long I was on here later last year and stopped and came back, I stopped in December 10 I had a lot going on health wise and in Jan. I had a major surgery and didn't come back to here till like july 11. :)