Open face omelette-502 calories

Options
armyvet25
armyvet25 Posts: 48 Member
edited November 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Thought I'd share what I had for Breakfast, in case someone wants an idea for a healthy light protein breakfast.
Pre-cook sausage, Separate 2 lg eggs, whip whites to almost a meringue (frothy), cook on low/med heat-flip(no oil added)(no salt added) pepper added, add green onion, sliced grape tomatoes, shred some carrot, I used home-made hot pepper relish, sausage, cheddar cheese. Cook 1 min additional with lid on to melt cheese, plate-add 1tbsp picante sauce. Super super low carbs and fat content
u60mj8ne418h.jpg
b0rcpuur5g1a.jpg
1jrqoauys02c.jpg
5jxzqbh4s41r.jpg

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    That looks good!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious. Omelets are one of my favorite easy, low cal meals. I load them with veggies and use deli ham or turkey instead of sausage and the calorie count is even lower.
  • armyvet25
    armyvet25 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Looks delicious. Omelets are one of my favorite easy, low cal meals. I load them with veggies and use deli ham or turkey instead of sausage and the calorie count is even lower.

Sounds good, for me I have to avoid deli meats due to the high sodium contents of most lunch meats, have venous edema and have to monitor sodium intake to prevent leg swelling, but I substitute sausage sometimes for fresh cooked ground beef, shredded steak, lean chicken, fresh turkey, pork.