Wondering if I'm making healthy choices...

Options
So I started this whole exercise and eat right thing a little over a month ago, I think. I told MFP how much I weigh, what my goal is, how much I want to lose a week, and trusted it to calculate my recommended caloric intake for me. I've read my share of posts about BMR and trusting THAT number (which is actually about 300 calories or so more a day) and now I'm thoroughly confused.

Ever since the day I changed the way I lead my life via exercise and nutrition, I have felt absolutely awful. I'm more awake during the day, but I struggle with sleep at night (generally workout at 6am on purpose). Physically I have more energy, but feel more lethargic at the same time. I haven't checked my weight in a while, but feel like I've lost some. Feeling like I do when wake up in the morning,however, seems like an unfair trade, even if I feel better otherwise, and my lack of sleep and interrupted sleep is driving mad...

Any chance anyone has any suggestions or possible explanations? I'm seeing my doctor soon and will probably ask, but I was still curious....

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Are you taking multivitamins and eating a balanced diet? I personally prefer to exercise at night because it helps me sleep easier from being all tired out.
  • Selly7749
    Options
    oooh, ooh, b vitamin complex!

I say it to everyone. When I first started making healthy choices, I used to get these awful dips in my energy levels throughout the day. I took some iron tablets, but to no avail, I was still absolutely knackered. My mate recommended that I take a vitamin B supplement, and since then, everything has been much much better.

Another question I would ask would be about your caffeine intake? when do you drink caffeine and how much, if you do drink it? A couple of years ago I had to start cutting caffeine about 4 hours before I went to bed, and it helped me lots.
  • pipistrula
    Options
    Vitamin supplements are definitely something I've struggled with adding, I just finally successfully added breakfast to my every day routine, haha. I have multivitamins, just forget to take them...

As far as caffeine, I actually don't really consume any. I'm not a fan of coffee, have been staying away from sodas, and hardly ever eat chocolate....
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Vitamin supplements are definitely something I've struggled with adding, I just finally successfully added breakfast to my every day routine, haha. I have multivitamins, just forget to take them...

As far as caffeine, I actually don't really consume any. I'm not a fan of coffee, have been staying away from sodas, and hardly ever eat chocolate....

I personally take the vitamin gummies since they are easy to take, I keep a bottle in my backpack that I always have with me so in case I forget to take them at home, I have them. Taking the vitamins consistently would be a good first step for sure.