Creme caramel

Options
I made it many times, low fat, low carb, and guilt free desert, nice when you have guest too!:love:

Thai Creme Caramel Recipe

Ingredients:
•2 eggs (or Eggbeaters substitute)
•1 1/2 cups reduced-fat coconut milk
•2 Tbsp Splenda (or other sugar substitute, such as Xylitol, Agave or Stevia)
•dash of salt
•1 tsp. sugar-free vanilla extract
•1/3 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
•Pam, or other low fat cooking spray

Directions:

1.Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
2.In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs with a hand whisk or fork until smooth and slightly frothy.
3.Shake the can or box of coconut milk to make sure that it has mixed, then combine the coconut milk with the eggs. Try to leave out any coconut cream that sticks to the can or box, to reduce fat in the dessert.
4.Add the Splenda, vanilla extract and salt, and mix well.
5.Prepare 4 small ramekins, by lightly spraying them with cooking oil.
6.Place the ramekins inside a larger, glass dish.
7.Divide the syrup between all four ramekins.
8.Pour the egg mixture into the ramekins, without stirring. The syrup will remain on the bottom of the dish.
9.Fill the large glass dish halfway with warm water, so that the ramekins are sitting in a bath of water.
10.Place the glass dish on a baking tray and put it in the oven.
11.Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
12.The desserts can be served either warm from the oven or chilled for several hours in the refrigerator.
13.To serve, wet a knife in running water and run it around the rims of the ramekins. Invert the ramekins onto serving dishes, allowing the syrup to run down the sides of the custard.

Replies

• lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's lovely, but I cannot get my head round the idea of sugar-free caramel. It seems wrong.
  • gigi1959
    gigi1959 Posts: 17
    Options
    I use DaVinci Sugar Free Syrup and It's amazing, but everyone's different!