No Support at home need friends

Options
I’m starting a new weight loss journey and have no support at home so I’m coming here to see if I can find some friends I’ve got about 50 to lose and currently under doctor care for it.

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you would like. I'm 60 years old and have currently lost 39 pounds. I would like to lose another 10 or so. Not sure that is going to happen, but if I keep working at it, I know that I will at least maintain where I am.
  • 1MinuteWithTina
    1MinuteWithTina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm newish here so could do with some friends.
  • addamsfamily5
    addamsfamily5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi txlisa, I'm Stormy. It's my first day starting this thing. It's for college course and I need to document everything for a week. I started 3 weeks early because I'm curious if this helps me get off a extra 30 pounds. I'm not the best pen pal but I wanted you to know you're not alone. And screw those people who don't support you! You've got this!
  • JewelLiz
    JewelLiz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me to your list too! I know what you are going to as far as no support at home! Im not under a doctors care, but I do have medical issues(asthma and back issues) that are exasperated because of the additional weight.
    Baby steps! One day at a time and all that!...One good tip, sounds nuts BUT...drink lots of water, at least 8 cups a day. I buy the bottled water( 16 oz.) and mark them, 1,2,3,4 =adds up to 8+ cups a day. :-D
    Hope this helps a little!
  • Ila1227
    Ila1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am returning to myfitnesspal with a little hesitation. I was on this site before and somehow lost motivation and committment. Need I say more. I ate and ate after that. Eventually disgusted with myself I joined Noom. It was great but expensive. I also like this data base better. I did loose weight 15 pounds and have another 15-25 more to lose. I am older. Although I had a bad eating day today(2 fiber one bars) I am determined to lose the rest. I exercise a minimum of 4 days a week unless sick. Or exceptionally busy as this previous week as been. My noom subscription runs out soon. I need folks who will befriend me and write or chat to support me.And visa versa. I eat vegetarian.(not that that matters)
  • earlone1
    earlone1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Can we chat
  • Ila1227
    Ila1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    earlone1 who are you talking to?
  • slimpicknjan
    slimpicknjan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me if you'd like. I've lost 56lbs thus far (got 10 more to go) and did it all with only support from my MFP fam! I took a 3 month break so all my friends ditched me.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    It's tough with no support at home. You can do this. Lots of support here
  • stacie917
    stacie917 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi @txlisa1978 ! I'm in Texas too. I need to lose about 70 lbs. I used mfp to lose some weight before although I don't remember how much, I think around 30 lbs. I gained everything back after I got married and had 2 kids. I tried the Intuitive Eating approach after my first baby, but that just lead to keeping what I had gained and now that I am newly postpartum again I am not interested in keeping the weight as I want to chase my babies around and 40 is around the corner. Good luck. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want in pretty much the same position with no support and I got about 200 pounds to lose
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I’m new here as well. Looking to meet fun and interesting folks who are kind and supportive but also don’t mind debating and discussing things that we disagree on. I am looking for lots of different perspectives to keep me interested and motivated!

I'm 58 lbs down, with 100 to go!
  • Amanda_Devers
    Amanda_Devers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like.. I'm also new - the more the merrier
    Good luck to all on your journeys 🤗
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Please add me....support is important and you can do this. Another Texan trying to avoid tacos and margs unless it "fits in my macros" B)
  • CariOnlyBetter
    CariOnlyBetter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Please add me too!! Coming back to mfp after a long time. All my old friends ditched me so I need new friends!!
  • KellieSN
    KellieSN Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm back on mfp trying to lose 66lbs gained quite a bit during pregnancy and kept gaining after I had her!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    JewelLiz wrote: »
    Add me to your list too! I know what you are going to as far as no support at home! Im not under a doctors care, but I do have medical issues(asthma and back issues) that are exasperated because of the additional weight.
    Baby steps! One day at a time and all that!...One good tip, sounds nuts BUT...drink lots of water, at least 8 cups a day. I buy the bottled water( 16 oz.) and mark them, 1,2,3,4 =adds up to 8+ cups a day. :-D
    Hope this helps a little!

Exercise helps with your back or it did with mine.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Im here too you can add me if you want im 57.
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this!
  • horror_mama
    horror_mama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! Not a lot of support from husband. My son thinks I’m perfect the way I am❤️, but with health issues, I need to lose weight. I’ve lost 35 lbs so fat and would like to lose 40 more.
    Feel free to add!