how many days have you logged into your diary? (streaks)

trulyhealy
trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
i don’t know if the question makes sense but i’m on day 24 which is the longest i’ve done since i lost a stone in 2016 but then i gained double the amount of weight i lost

Replies

• trulyhealy
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    i don’t know if the question makes sense but i’m on day 24 which is the longest i’ve done since i lost a stone in 2016 but then i gained double the amount of weight i lost

and do the streaks motivate you to keep going?
  • trulyhealy
    No since my middle school girlfriend broke up with me.

i mean on this app. not snapchat.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited September 2019
    I've logged every day since April 6th of this year...but most of that was hand written in a notebook. Been logging on MFP since July 25th,,,,,so in other words, every day since my WLJ began. :)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited September 2019
    I've been keeping a food diary consistently for over 14 years.

I've only been logging into my food diary at a calorie deficit since I joined mfp on June 9th.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    No since my middle school girlfriend broke up with me.

Because you have cooties!!!🙄 how many times do we have to go over this🤷

And to unhighjack your thread hun...🤗

I think it motivates me by just making the effort to get on here....once I am here then I may as well track my food right?👍 and it works for me that way I suppose and if I skip one then it gets easier to do.so again....good habits and whatever works I say!🙌😁
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    276. My longest and most successful. 😊
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    423 days.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My MFP login streak is 1966. But I don't use my diary.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    About 1,600 days
  • hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    2092 days now
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    The streak thing stresses me out.

It's fine if I've been "good", but I find it de-motivating if I haven't kept on track or been logged accurately - I feel ashamed or something.
    "30 day streak" - and I'm thinking, yep 30 days of half-*kitten* logging and/or no progress "way to go, lazy *kitten*". Tbf It's kinda a reality check - I get that.

In the past I've stayed away from here for at least 3 days at a time to get it to re-set my "streak", so I could feel like I have a fresh start.

Yesterday I was again trying to stay away to re-set my "streak", but made some soup and wanted to use the recipe calculator (I love that feature), so I caved and logged on.

Thank you OP, because your thread made me go to the help section, and I found that I could manually reset my "streak"!

I was thinking that being able to re-set it is pretty cool too if say you are trying to pay close attention to a new workout, or diet plan - you can do it for however many days and compare it with a similar time frame of trying something else.

I'm pretty happy about this feature, its good for me!
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    448 days as of 1 minute ago.
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    I'll get a couple hundred days then head out somewhere off the grid and lose it. It annoys me but doesn't affect my motivation.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    About 180 days in the Lifesum app recording my intake.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I hit 1000 days a few days ago without noticing. 1004 now. I plan to log as long as the program exists, because I’m a diabetic and need to remain aware of my carb count. Plus it keeps me from regaining.