Starting over, looking for motivational friends

Hi everyone, I’m a 48 year old office worker looking to lose 40 lb. I was well on my way to reaching my goal the first time then decided it was time to quit smoking. I put back on all the weight I lost. Good news....haven’t smoked for three months ☺️. Looking for motivational friends so add me if you like!!

Replies

• Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Good luck! Have sent a friend request. We can encourage and motivate each other! 😁💪🏼
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Good luck to you! I am losing some regain as well. I think it was a good choice to prioritize quitting smoking.
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Good Luck to you! 41 year old here....feel free to add me.😊
  • blackkitty73
    blackkitty73 Posts: 29 Member
    Feel free to add me. I’m 46 and used to smoke. Kicked the habit a few years ago now. I have about 81 pounds to lose. Australian.
  • FlabToFit6
    FlabToFit6 Posts: 9 Member
    Just starting my journey today! Want to lose about 50lbs. Stay at home mom of 6, feel free to add me! Good luck! :)
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Everyone is welcome to add me too! Added ⏏ those above me👍 we got this!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Good luck to you! I am losing some regain as well. I think it was a good choice to prioritize quitting smoking.

Good luck @RelCanonical . You have been around a while. Hope you succeed.
    From,
    Your local MFP Iconoclast and Prevaricator.... Dalon
  • Emmalovestorun
    Emmalovestorun Posts: 168 Member
    Anyone can add me 🥰
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Hi! I will add you. I am 41 and have 45 lbs to lose myself. I can relate to the up and down, this is not my first time on MFP, sadly. But- how wonderful that you were able to quit smoking! Congratulations, that's great.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Hi! I will add you. Similar age and weight to lose. I lost 30 pounds on MFP a year-ish ago and slowly gained back. Congratulations on kicniothe 🚬 habit!!! 👏😎
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »

Good luck @RelCanonical . You have been around a while. Hope you succeed.
    From,
    Your local MFP Iconoclast and Prevaricator.... Dalon

Thank you!

And this isn’t even my first account! It did help to get a fresh start without all the false starts of the first account in my history.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Congrats on your smokeless three months! I quit Jan 26,2012 when I almost died from a blood clot in my heart! You are doing great!
  • PumpkinSage
    PumpkinSage Posts: 29 Member
    Congrats on being smoke free! That is a huge accomplishment.
  • kimm_dean
    kimm_dean Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 47 and at my heaviest, even heavier than the most I weighed with my 3rd pregnancy. I'm back on MFP and need to be accountable to myself! I need more motivation, so please everyone can add me. Congrats on your smoke free days!! I've been smoke free for almost 5 years, so I know the struggle 😊 I will add you. 😊
  • munchncrunch1
    munchncrunch1 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m brand new and needing motivation too!
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Way to go on being smoke free! There are so many wonderful and inspiring people here on MFP! I'm 44 and have lost 63 lbs so far on my journey. A long road ahead of me but know every day I get closer to my goal!
  • sarebearr
    sarebearr Posts: 59 Member
    Me too girl, me too. I lost 10 pounds last month and feel like I've completely gone off the wagon this month. I can't even bear to weigh myself... UGH we got this though!! Adding you