Friends Wanted!

Options
Hi im new to MFP, joined yesterday.

Im looking for friends to support (and to support me) on this journey.

Im 190lbs and 5ft 7, ive been gradually putting on weight for the last 5 years and now i hardly recognise myself when i look in the mirror (and ive just had fitted wardrobes but into the bedroom so theres ALOT of mirrors --- YUK!!)

I would like to lose around 30 to 40lb which sounds like a hell of a lot to me and because its so much im worried my will-power isnt going to hack it!

My children are off school for another week but once theyre back at school and i have more time for myself im planning on doing at least 30 mins exercise 5 days a week. Im going to be doing Zumba (at home) twice a week, walking daily -- building up to a daily run, and possibly swimming once a week or maybe a gym class if i can find something i like during school hours.

Weekends are really tough for me as i have a busy social life. I drink far too much (although i have tried to cut down in recent weeks) and we eat out regularly.

So if anyone wants to add me please do,

Replies

• jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome i've been using MFP for about 50 days now and have found it a great help feel free to add me
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome i've been using MFP for about 50 days now and have found it a great help feel free to add me
  • JulieHume88
    JulieHume88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me :D xxx
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me. ;)
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Mfp! I hope you will also agree that this is the most flexible program going! I uploaded the app on my iPhone in May - started at 184 (I'm only 5' 2") and have lost 28 lbs so far... My goal is to be around 130 but it's hard to say because I have not weighed that in so long! I have tried them all and the reason I love this program and have not gotten bored is a) I can fit favorite foods or cravings in if I want and b) I said at 48 yrs old enough is enough! Once you have your mind in the right place, you too will succeed! If you say this will be the priority (meeting your goal and eating healthy) you will find that going out to eat and drinking will begin to seem less important. Unfortunately restaurant portions are way too big and tend to pack a lot of sodium... So if that is more important to you then it may get in your way of losing weight - also alcohol lowers your metabolism and packs on a lot of empty calories. I'm just trying to be realistic here :) I found that I can't go out to eat much- maybe use it as a reward night once you hit certain goals - every 10 lbs or so?? I also love the blogs on here and find that people are so supportive! I give kudos to you for starting this journey as I know its extremely tough!! I wish you the best with your success and welcome you to friend me also... Good luck! DW from MA
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have only be here about a week but am loving it so far. I found the site when I was looking for an app for my ipad and iphone. The support here is great and tracking everything really is making me think more about what I eat. I am looking forward to this new healthier lifestyle.
    Feel free to add me :smile:
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck on your journey!!!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • lifechange84
    Options
    Hello & welcome!
    I have been at this for about 8 wks now & LOVE it. I know you will do great!
    Just watch your portions & get some exercise in...the weight will come off gradually!
    Feel free to add me! Love having new friends here!:flowerforyou:
  • shannavir
    shannavir Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :noway: :smile: Welcome, Were in this together......(smile):smile: