Low calorie recipes

Options
mrstiffanyc
mrstiffanyc Posts: 1 Member
Looking for low calorie filling recipes for lunch and dinner. What’s your favorites?

Replies

• ChefKimberley
    ChefKimberley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Soup! Soup is awesome.
    I put a whole chicken in the instapot with a few veggies and 45 minutes later strain it and voila! Basic Bone stock and a chickens worth of bland meat.
    But! Now you can clean the fridge of all the veggies you've over purchased (cuz diet!). Cook them in the broth. Add a starch (or starch like thing i.e. my current favorite: black bean noodles; 160 calories for 2 oz. Dry with 25! Grams of protein! 😲)
    Make sure to lightly salt or boost up the flavor with a bit of chicken base and use plenty of fresh herbs and spices.
    I like to toss a bunch of spinach or other dark greens at the end. Plus plenty of chopped parsley.
    My last batch was 195 calories a pint and super filling from the black bean noodles.
    Also, shredded cabbage and/or spaghetti squash are both noodle like and really stretch out a soup without adding many additional calories.
    This satisfying lunch will save you so many calories you can treat yourself to a nice big piece of fruit or a slice of buttered whole grain toast. Or even a cookie or two.
    Bon appetit!