30 day shred

Options
please could someone explain what the 30 day shred is as i have never heard of it.

Thanks
:blushing:

Replies

• lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    It's a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels which has had amazing reviews, it's supposed to be tough but very effective. i just ordered mine today actually :-)

Lisa :flowerforyou:
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It is a work out dvd by Jillian Michaels. I am currently doing it. :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    if you look on amazon and want a really hard work out that is reallty good then buy it i got it for about £6.00 i think from there!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Ive just completed level 1, going on to level 2 tonight :) it is a really good workout dvd :D and only 20 minutes long
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    I've just bought it about 2 minutes ago new from EBay for £6 - well, it was free as I had vouchers but it was meant to be £6.

Heard nothing but good things about it so I'm gonna give it a shot.

There have been a lot of before and after pictures on MFP and it looks like it really works.

Will let you know how I get on....
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i downloaded mine, from that exercise tv
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Did Day 1 this morning, I have to say it had been bigged up I expected worse to be honest but I'm still expecting to be killed by the next levels. I have been doing her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism one though (not every day).
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It is very good and very effective, there are lower intensity moves and higher ones, I have a callf injury but i am able to adapt and modify the routine so i continue - i can see a difference in my body since starting even with the cardio bits reduced! try it!
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Did Day 1 this morning, I have to say it had been bigged up I expected worse to be honest but I'm still expecting to be killed by the next levels. I have been doing her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism one though (not every day).

I loved level one, trust me, you will be killed by the next levels!!

30 Day Shred is an intense 30 day workout DVD, you do 10 days of level 1, 10 days of level 2 and 10 days of level 3. Its strength and cardio combined so you get weight loss and muscle definition too.
    I did it before I went on holiday to Cuba and I had amazing results! Even though I was still bigger then I started to get definition in my stomach, arms and the tops of my legs. When I get closer to my goal weight I'm planning to do it again.
    I highly recommend it xx
  • Paulaseymour1
    Options
    thanks for all your replies:happy: :happy: will give it a go xxxx
  • parisianskies002
    Options
    lt's a 30 day workout DVD by Trainer, Jillian Michaels that consists of 3 levels (basic, intermediate and advanced.) lt includes circuit training and intervals 3-2-1 (3 min strength, 2 min cardio and 1 min abs) lt is a brilliant DVD if you can only fit at least 30 minutes into your day exercising and it is very effective as well. My whole body ached (especially my legs) the first day l did it, but you will ease into it as there are two other trainers that helps you with that. My advice is to get it if you only want to workout for less than 30 min and see the benefits of it within 15-20 days. Good luck!
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    I replied to this previously as I had just bought it on the day I replied to your post.

I started it last Saturday and I will be doing the Shred DVD on the days I am not doing a spinning class (I spin 3 times per week).

May just be coincidence or maybe not - I've lost 2 ins on waist and an ins on hips since Saturday when I started the 30 Day Shred.

I took a photo on Day 1. I'll take another once I have finished 30 days and post them both, see what the difference is!
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Can a large person do this dvd that has no previas exercise,

I realy like the look of it but im a big big big girl and worried that I just wouldnt be able to do this dvd.
  • sixxx
    sixxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's best to always check with a doctor, but Jillian says she has 400lb people doing jumping jacks (part of her cardio routine), and she provides you with a modified version of most stuff.
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Can a large person do this dvd that has no previas exercise,

I realy like the look of it but im a big big big girl and worried that I just wouldnt be able to do this dvd.
    I'm sure you can do it. I think this dvd can be utilized by anyone at any fitness level. The moves are simple, basic old school moves that don't require a alot of coordination. Basic jumping jacks, lunges, & everything can be modified to your personal fitness level & you'll notice improvement in your strength quickly. So if you are seriously sore at first (and you will be!!) just push through, you will feel much stronger & have more energy after the first few days, improving as you go. I hope you give it a try, it's worth it!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Aboslutely - I'm twice my husbands weight and we're both doing it - I may not jump as high/as fast as him but we're both burning the calories and already (5 days in) we're both seeing a huge difference!!
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    fantastic thanks guys will look for it now