Life, Lemons, Stormy weather....

Options
I didn't know if MFP and my new approach to weight loss would hold up under stress...It has. :flowerforyou:

After The Storm....
My life has been stormy for a little while and then we had what started out as a hurricane and ended (for us) as a Tropical Storm ... today...gorgeous weather. Almost fall-like and beautiful here in New England.

Metaphor for me ...I am working my way through the red tape and paperwork of ending a 37 yr association with my old job. It's the long good-bye version...I leave it for good Feb 1st.

I have been also working through the emotions of leaving this behind and the anger that has attached itself to me about the change. That is more work than I wanted to admit. But I am working through it.

The GOOD NEWS...It has not caused me to stress eat...my weight remains rock stable at 26 lbs GONE! I am on track and happy with this true life style change.

If this whole lay-off thing did not knock me off my MFP plan...or find its way to be an excuse to revert to old habits I really don't think anything will. :o) that is so great to know.

As for leaving that part of my life behind (old 37 year part time job) and dealing with the fall out (health insurance issue and reams of paperwork to settle ) I march on....BUT once it is all done...I will not look back and will be a happy Artist once again. All the negativity works against the creative pathways...need to find that place to let it go.

Like the storm, it is over...the aftermath is clean up time and then ...blue skies ahead.

:o)

(to anyone dealing with stress and if you stress eat....don't let sabbotage your efforts...just wanted to share)

Replies

• mak_101
    mak_101 Posts: 28
    Options
    Wonderful outlook. So glad that you have not let the roadblocks stop your journey. Good luck in your new endeavors. Stay strong.:flowerforyou:
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I so agree with you. I have noticed with therapy and compulsive overeaters anyonymous that I'm usually okay with very stressful things. It's when my cup is full and something small occurs, it's like my cup runs over and I'm done in. So I'm learning to deal with this also. If you get mad, because what you are going through is kinda like grieving, remember to express the anger, punching pillows, etc. Therapist even suggested getting phone book and hitting phone book with garden water hose. The funny thing is I was working on chicken coop yesterday and nailing the chicken mesh over the windows, the hammering felt awsome. Good luck. love, jo
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks Jo!

I think my energy will go into FALL cleaning! LOL If that is not productive enough I will beat some rugs!

This was the first test of standing up to things and having no thought of turning to mac & cheese ...I passed the test

now to get constructive with re-directing anger at the dolts who make ridiculous decisions for others and putting it too positive and creative use.

wishing you good things because your cup deserves to be filled and you should enjoy!

"If I had a hammer..." for me probably not a good thing...for you...Brilliant!:flowerforyou: