If you have been slacking a bit recently....

Options
and are ready to get back on track in September...raise your hand!

I had knee surgery in July and have been on pretty light duty. Especially considering I do mostly bike riding for exercise. Food-wise I have cheated quite a few times but luckily I didn't gain any weight back. I actually lost another lb but mentally I need to re-focus and get back on my bike as well as buckle down on my diet again cuz now that summers at an end, this is when I tend to really slack off an gain weight back. NOT THIS YEAR!

Replies

• Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    F yeah. Both hands raised. Its becoming obviouys that the last 10 lbs will have to be done on precise cal counting. Too many events planned. I am raising the bar along with my hand. 10 lbs!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    **raises hand**

had various reasons for not working out but the will soon be over! So then it is time to bust *kitten* and move that ticker along even more!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You can do it and knowing you do not want to fall back into the old rut is a start. Good luck and you can do it.
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I CERTAINLY AM. I have been gaining and losing the same 3-5 pounds all summer after a very sucessful fall last year I am really hoping htat I find my focus again. I miss the me that was excited everyday about my loss and exercise. I would have gained back more had I not kept at the exercise everyday....
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hands up here! Spent the last week in party & kick back mode. Added a few lb on but hit gym for the first time again today. Although I didn't struggle - I did feel pretty sluggish!
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    It's about time to get back on the horse. No better time then the beginning of a new month :D
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am definitely pushing harder for Septemeber than I ever have. Been on a plateau for over 3 weeks now, so I am adding the Septemeber challenge workouts to what I do already. Hoping that gives me the kick that I need!! Good luck to you!
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Thx everyone! I am glad to see that others are in the same boat as me. And once you get in that "rut" it's hard to shake it off and get back on track and YES, a new month, a new set of goals!

Now let me go log some calories. I haven't done that in ages it seems!

Oh and I am very friendly & funny. So send me some friend requests! =)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    *Raising hand*

I got runner's knee and had to take a week off. The doctor also cut me back to every other day running 2 miles instead of 7 days a week and added some workouts at the gym (which I hate). I was plateauing with the weight loss at 1400-1600 calories per day. Therefore; my nutritionist bumped up my caloric intake by 300 calories a day as well as switching me to more fruits and veggies instead of the higher protein stuff I lost over 50lbs on. I gained 2 lbs in 2 weeks and that really bothers me with 25 more to go for my goal.

So I am going to cut the calories again and see what the doctor says about my knee tomorrow.

David
  • stephanie8625
    stephanie8625 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    YES, YES, YES, hands in the air and pumping them up and down !!! WE ALL CAN DO IT - September is the month !! :bigsmile:

10344221.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • angeleyes9770
    angeleyes9770 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hands way up, We can do it
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*
    I've been at a plateau for the past 4 weeks and its driving me crazy! I'm going to kick it up for September, break this plateau and be hot by new years!!:happy:
  • Mixmode
    Options
    Time to start riding my bike to work and back and walking during breaks and lunch!

I just logged my first food in ages it seems!
  • Mixmode
    Options
    Well I started the 1st day of September somewhat bittersweet. I woke up late as hell and already 15min late for work. However, I did ride my bike to work and that felt good. Betcha' it was my fastest time from home to office! I'll be taking the looong way home this evening. =)