Morning coffee

Cheri6281
Cheri6281 Posts: 1 Member
I am generally an early riser - 5AM - and definitely have to have my coffee first thing, but would also like to have something to eat with it, instead of those little powdered donuts, which goes so well with coffee! Any suggestion?

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I suggest a chocolate covered doughnut. It is less messy and chocolate goes with coffee quite well.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Biscoff or Stroopwafel
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    I usually make quick scrambled eggs for breakfast. Sometimes real eggs, sometimes egg beaters. Sprinkle in a little cheese.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Full English breakfast or nothing.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Anything goes with coffee!! I don't eat first thing in the morning, as I am not hungry. However, if I were maybe a banana, or a piece of toast with peanut butter or honey.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    peanut butter toast
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    meat, lots of it.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    cold pizza from the night before, avocado toast, yogurt with blueberries, fried livermush, Captain Crunch cereal, Quisp cereal if you can find it, savory Japanese pancakes, scrambled eggs, miso soup, Reddi Whip, your Aunt Fannie's pound cake, stewed apples, warmed over ratatouille, biscuits and gravy, potato scones, hot oatmeal, fried oysters, leftover meatloaf, fresh french baguette with a little butter, pain au chocolat, tostada con tomate y aceite, churros with cardamom sugar, waffles...

But maybe not all at the same time.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    durhammfp wrote: »
    cold pizza from the night before, avocado toast, yogurt with blueberries, fried livermush, Captain Crunch cereal, Quisp cereal if you can find it, savory Japanese pancakes, scrambled eggs, miso soup, Reddi Whip, your Aunt Fannie's pound cake, stewed apples, warmed over ratatouille, biscuits and gravy, potato scones, hot oatmeal, fried oysters, leftover meatloaf, fresh french baguette with a little butter, pain au chocolat, tostada con tomate y aceite, churros with cardamom sugar, waffles...

Gotta ask: What the heck *is* this? ;)
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    coconut whip cream
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    edited November 2019
    durhammfp wrote: »

Gotta ask: What the heck *is* this? ;)

Things that go well with a coffee! Or an espresso or a latte or a cafe con leche or... :-)

Oh... you mean fried livermush. That is something similar to, but not exactly, scrapple. One can think of it as a subset of scrapple. Basically livermush is much more restrictive. It is just the face of a hog, its liver, some cooked stone-ground cornmeal, hot pepper flakes, sage, and, of course, salt and black pepper mixed into a paste, cooked together and then put in loaf pans to cool. Then you can slice it up and fry it for breakfast. For breakfast, livermush needs to be served with a really strong black coffee and a homemade cat head biscuit. Mmmmm. And maybe some scrambled eggs.

It also makes a great sandwich: http://www.tasteofsouthern.com/livermush-sandwich/

The best livermush is the kind your cousin Clay makes from his own hogs. Given that that is probably not a possibility for most people, Neese's makes pretty good livermush. There is such a thing as not-so-good livermush. IMHO it is the kind of recipe that skews to more liver and less meat. Just don't eat that.