What are some of your on the go quick and healthy breakfast

lms32164
lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
For me if I have to run out the door I might make one of these:
1. fruit smoothie with flax
2. Arnold sandwich round with a Tbsp of peanutbutter and 1/2 banana sliced and put into a sandwich with my homemade iced coffee.
3. Arnold sandwhich round with 1 egg, 2 whites scrambled with fresh spinach and made into a breakfast sandwich with an iced coffee.
4. A fresh piece of fruit with one of my pumpkin oat bran muffins and a cup of nonfat milk to go.

Those are my 4 top options that get my day started right. What are yours??:bigsmile:

Replies

• minettc3
    minettc3 Posts: 13
    hi whats an arnold sandwhich? im in the uk?
  • If i'm pressed for time I go with a greek yogurt....

could you post the recipe for your muffins?
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    I literally eat peanut butter toast with a slice banana on top every morning. I used to eat cereal, but when I tried to eat a single portion, it was so tiny!!!

If I don't get some decent calories in first thing in the morning, I am off alllllll day! I will never be a just-a-piece-of-fruit person.

Oh... and COFFEE!!!
  • lms32164
    It is a brand of thin sandwish breads (that are round), Peppridge Farms also make them. They are whole grain breads made with high fiber, no fructose corn syrups in them and they come in many flavors like multigrain, oat etc and they are 100 calories each. I make breakfast and or lunch sandwiches and I use the also to cut up and dip into hummus. Do you have anything like that in the UK? lYNNE
  • lms32164
    If i'm pressed for time I go with a greek yogurt....

could you post the recipe for your muffins?

Pumpkin Oat Bran Muffins (Taste of Home)
    With an (*) It would be my alterations

Ingredients
    1-1/2 cups oat bran (* I use Hodgkin Mills Oat Bran ceral) less calories per muffin if you use plain oat bran.
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, * plus 1/4 tsp numet and allspice
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 egg whites
    1 cup canned pumpkin ( organic tastes freshest!)
    1/2 cup fat-free milk (* I sometimes use the 60 calorie almong milk)
    2 tablespoons canola oil (* I use healthier flax oil)
    * I ALSO ADD A DICED RED DELICIOUS APPLE
    Directions
    In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites, pumpkin, milk and oil until well blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
    Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill half full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 12 muffins.

Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin equals 155 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.

I don't even need to put butter on these and I eat them cold or warmed. They make a quick snack too. Yum! If you try them let me know if you like them. Lynne
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I hard boil a dozen eggs every week and keep string cheese in the fridge. When I have time to sit and eat I have cereal with fruit or omlettes loaded up with veggies, when I'm on the go I grab 2 hb eggs (eat whites only), 1 thing of string chesse (or an oz off a block), and a slice of my gluten free bread.
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    For a quick breakfast I like to toast a nutri-grain waffle, spread with 2 Tbs peanut butter, and top with fresh blueberries. Fold it in half, and you're good to go!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Muesli with 0,1% milk, sometimes with a banana on top, sometimes with protein powder mixed in.
    Breakfast serves a purpose, so I play around with it less than with my other meals. First thing in the morning I just want food in me, it doesn't have to be exciting.
    If I'm hungover I like porridge.
  • The shake I drink every morning:

1 cup skim milk
    1 bananna
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    2 tbs flax seed
    2 tbs wheat germ
    1 scoop whey protein powder
    1/2 scoop Edy's no sugar added icecream
    1/2 cup water

Blend and drink on the go!!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    I almost always have a bagel thin with light cream cheese & a couple slices of tomato. Or if I'm running super late I grab a granola bar (which doesn't fill me up but it will usually hold me over till I can have a snack). Oh & coffee for sure!
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Depends on how "on the go" I am :P

Fage Greek yogurt and a Nature Valley bar
    Serving of cereal in a baggie (somehow it lasts longer than if it was in a bowl)
    Toast with PB yuhmmmmmy
    Or. Oatmeal with pb...always a staple for me!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    If i'm hungry, then pb&j. If no time for that, then Tiger's Milk protein bar.

On days i'm not too hungry, fruit.

For a change of pace triscuit crackers, 2% cheese slices and apple. Yum!

For that warm comfortable feeling lowfat banana bread and tea.

Summertime = yogurt, fruit, granola (buy at grocery store, make at home, or McDonald's drive thru)!
  • RocknnRobin
    RocknnRobin Posts: 20 Member
    If I have time, I make a protein shake with fiber and greek yogurt added.

If it's REALLY a "grab-something-run-out-the-door" day, I snag a banana off the counter and wash it down with vegetable/fruit juice blend from the fridge.