Starting yet again!

Hi everyone, I started back in January but have been very on/off I’m now trying again. I’m getting married in May and would love to be at goal by then. Ideally I would lose 3 stone but am happy to lose the inches so I can feel at my best for the big day. I need accountability to refocus, please help!!!

Replies

• AshleighAnn72
    AshleighAnn72 Posts: 83 Member
    I'm also starting again! I started in Jan aswell but then in the summer we went on holiday and I never really got back to it. I lost a lot of weight and went down a size in clothes and now they're starting to get tight. Feel free to add!
  • AprilSue
    AprilSue Posts: 88 Member
    I’m starting again for the 1,863 time 🙄🙄 or so it feels. I can stay dedicated in streaks but cake and chocolate and wine do me in every time. I could definitely use friends motivation and support. Add me!
  • MrsWynn2017
    MrsWynn2017 Posts: 4 Member
    I am starting again also...I feel like that is a prominent theme with me. Doritos and cheese dip are my nemesis....
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    You probably need to change your definition of stopping. Stopping should not be eating too much food in a meal, a day, a weekend, a week, or probably even longer. Accept that you will not be perfect and make your goal to have more good days than bad ones. Once you eat too much and start thinking in terms of restarting you are giving yourself license to delay when that will happen. If you don't ever stop then the very next meal you eat you need to try to get back in your routine.

Your routine needs to be easy and there needs to some points in which you are having a good time. It needs to feel normal and it needs to be something you can see yourself doing for years if not a lifetime. If you need cake, wine, chocolate, doritos, and cheese dip find a way to work them into your system. There are different strategies like banking that might help.

In my first year of weight loss I lost 158 pounds. That is not something to try and replicate because I started really large. However in the 12 months of losing I was not "compliant" for 12 months. It was closer to 10 1/2 months. For a variety of reasons there was around 6 or more weeks of mostly non consecutive days (except for holidays and vacations) that I ate above my calorie goal. Instead of those days derailing me they actually helped me mentally stay at it. Consistency for me only means that I lose weight most days not all days. Sustainability means I do not feel deprived anymore than needed.