Burning calories but not seeing weight loss

Options
On average burning 1300-1500 calories a week. Feel like I’m building muscle but not inches. Staying below the 1700 calories a day by 200-400. Do I need to be patient what am I doing wrong? HIIT workout is what I am doing for exercise. Very low alcohol intake as well.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    How long have you been following this plan?
    How much weight have you lost since you started?
    How much total weight do you have to lose? Current height and weight?
    Do you use avoid scale?
    Do you check all the database entries you use to make sure they have the right calories?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Why 1700 calories? Is that what MFP gave you to lose weight? Why are you eating under that?
    More information needed.
    How long have you been trying? When did you start working out?
  • jamunds
    jamunds Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Started last December, up to 3-4 workouts a week. My fitness pal for tracking, 1700 came up, I think I used a formula to determine that. I am moving up with my weights in my workout and my tread and rower. Just not seeing the weight drop off.
  • jamunds
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    How long have you been following this plan? Almost a year
    How much total weight do you have to lose? Lost 1 pound, want to lose 30 Current height and weight? 5’4, 170
    Do you use avoid scale? Yes but now weekly
    Do you check all the database entries you use to make sure they have the right calories?
    I do my best and use scale at home
    kimny72 wrote: »
    How long have you been following this plan?
    How much total weight do you have to lose? Current height and weight?
    Do you use avoid scale?

• llamakisses9896
    llamakisses9896 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. If you took measurements of arms, legs, waist, chest and hips then you can see a change there even if weight doesn’t change. You maybe losing fat and gaining muscle therefore, getting more tone and less flabby. Make sure you are getting enough protein and fat in diet so you can make muscle and not lose it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    jamunds wrote: »
    Started last December, up to 3-4 workouts a week. My fitness pal for tracking, 1700 came up, I think I used a formula to determine that. I am moving up with my weights in my workout and my tread and rower. Just not seeing the weight drop off.

If you haven't lost weight for a year, you're eating too much. I'm 5'4 130lbs and my maintenance is around 1700 calories. Its quite possible with some really easy to make logging errors you are eating more than you think.

I would suggest really buckling down on your logging for a couple of weeks. Use a food scale for all solids - whole foods, packaged foods, spreads, condiments, everything - as often as possible. Double check the entries you are choosing in the database to the package or USDA for whole foods. Do a gut check and make sure you're logging everything - condiments, cooking oil, beverages, cheat meals, nibbles. It's also possible your calorie goal is a touch high. It might take a combination of finding calories you were missing in your logging AND shaving another hundredish calories off your goal to get the math right.

Good luck!
  • jamunds
    Options
    Thank you! I’ll try adjusting that daily total and more closely monitor results and logging.