Antidepressants

Options
I have been very blue again and always get like this the same time every year. I have much to feel thankful for and just don’t understand where all I want to do is sleep and cry. I have tried Prozac but made me so sleepy I stopped the first week cause o couldn’t even function. I have taken Celexa but it made me not care about a thing and feel numb. And Wellbutrin made me so mean and angry. I never have any of them a chance because I hate taking pills and all the side effects like headaches and teeth grinding are horrible. But I want to feel better and don’t want an antidepressant that will make me gain weight because I’d be even more depressed. Please no nasty comments of just “walk it off” because I do and if that were possible to alleviate these feelings there would be no shrinks and antidepressants. Just would love to hear experiences! Thanks 🙏🏻

Replies

• llamakisses9896
    llamakisses9896 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find bright light therapy and a good vitamin supplement with D3 helps me. When it gets bad I due resort to a low dose of the generic Celexa. The Celexa helped a me get a deeper sleep which helps my mood the next day. The rest is determination to get going and doing because I don’t want people to know and try to not use it as the reason for not doing things. Hope you find the combination of things that work for you.