Hair care???

Options
So I have long hair. Ive been wanting to cut it for a while now but my husband doesnt want me too. The ends are very dry but the rest of my hair is soft. Any Ideas on how to fix the ends without cutting them?

Replies

• sixxx
    sixxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First off: do what you want to do, not what others want you to do!

Second: my hair used to be down to my butt. To keep it nice and healthy I used extra virgin olive oil on the ends once a week (Youtube tutorials galore!). Make sure it's the ends tho, because if you want to do your whole hair it's a different process when the oil and the scalp are involved.
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same but I am afaid the only was is to have a very minmal trim... After this use a very good long hair shampoo and treatment, I use Aussie products for long hair.

Dont worry about the trim you hair will look alot better and will grow more as it wont be splitting.... To put you at ease my hair is down to my bum :happy:
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Jojoba oil can work wonders. You can find it at places like Whole Foods or order it online. It really just takes a few drops. Even for a deep oil treatment I might use half a teaspoon. (And my hair is very long, just cut it back to knee-length.)

Also, be sure to use a good shampoo and conditioner that are appropriate for your hair type. My hair is very straight and somewhat oily. I've had good results with the Burt's Bees and Giovanni products.

Using heated styling appliances like blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons can cause damage and lead to dryness also. So you may want to avoid or minimize using these things, especially on the ends of your hair.

I hope you find something that helps and can enjoy wearing your hair long. If not, talk to your husband again. No one should have to deal with having a hairstyle they don't like.