• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    You just started?

What are you having trouble with?
  • gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'd say, in my non-professional opinion, it's because we are creatures of habit. It's not that staying committed is the problem, but that we are committed to our previous patterns and habits. I think thinking about changing your day to day pattern is the key!
  • foreverblissful
    foreverblissful Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    In all honest, completely agree with gemiller87’s comment, and in addition, changing your habits while around other people who have bad habits(or habits that are healthy for them vs you) make it super hard! I found I became even better at staying committed when I go away to college, since when I go back home my family generally only eat rice and meat. For some members in my family this is okay, because they are active and have a lot of lean muscle mass(although of course even for them adding veggies would an added plus), but for losing weight this is terrible, and I end up overeating as a result. In all honesty, I think if I wasn’t able to physically detach myself from the eating habits of my household it would be 10x harder, and take longer for me to get to where I am now, since I would have less space to learn to appreciate veggies and eating at moderate portions. It’s especially hard since I get shamed for not “choosing” to eat as much as other taller, more lean family members. It’s super annoying because I’m the shortest in my family, and I come to realize a lot of people don’t understand as a 5’3’’ short woman I am not supposed to eat the same portions as a 6’ man! It’s super annoying when you’re constantly being told “why are you starving yourself?” or “that’s all you’re going to eat? Stop being cute!”
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    To succeed, it's got to be part of your daily lifestyle. If not, it's not going to work for you.

Like the science behind a cheat meal. You eat what you're craving and move on. If you exercise every day, and skip a day, it's not so terrible. But if it's not part of your go-to, maybe you'd rather do something else - bike to work, walk during lunch, etc.