starting over

Options
Hi everyone! I lost 60 lbs previously with this app and 7 yrs later I'm at 247 after having a few kids and unhealthy habits. I'd like to get down to about 175 lbs. I'm just starting over again and I'm not gonna lie, it was easier when I was younger lol. My goal for the end of the year is to have lost 12 lbs. And to workout at least 5 days a week. I want to feel better about myself, have more energy, and be healthier. I definitely can use all the motivation, support, and accountability I can get so please feel free to add me.

Replies

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I think just doing it the second time is harder mentally, but once you get started, it gets easier. I'm 2/3 done now after having regained all my weight lost and I just wonder why I let it go for 2 years instead of getting right back on track. It just felt so overwhelming and I thought I couldn't do it.
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am right there with you. I used a similar app years ago and lost 35 lbs, which I kept off for years before gaining it all back and then some after having kids. It's so hard to feel motivated to do it again! And besides- I have kids now and I'm older, and it feels so much harder. I hear you.

I need to lose 45 lbs now myself to be at a healthy weight. My goal for the end of the year is to lose 8 pounds. It's going to be so hard with the holidays! But if I don't commit, I fear I'll end up in an even worse place after.

Good luck to us! I'll add you as a friend so we can encourage each other. :)