Hi, I need encouragement!

Options
My name is Rachelle and I am newer to Myfitnesspal. I have reached a point where I can't take my body weight any longer but I have such a hard time sticking to a diet and eating healthy. I really want to lose 20 pounds by Christmas. But I need words of wisdom and encouragement to keep me going! Please help!

Replies

• MelanieOnTheRun
    Options
    you can friend me and we can encourage each other!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site has so many great people who are dedicated and motivated. All of us are happy to share the secrets to successful weight loss. You can do it. Feel free to add me.
  • markbragdon
    Options
    I am a soldier in the US Army and we do health and fitness classes all of the time. I can help you with this. Try to eat, for every meal, lean meats (a serving about the size of your fist), fill the rest of your plate with green vegetables. For snacks eat some fruit, low starch, and no sucrose, or table sugar. Lactose, or milk sugar, and fructose, or fruit sugar, are okay as long as there is no extra added. Hope this helps. The rest is up to you. As far as eating healthy, try to ween yourself off of unhealthy snacks instead of going cold turkey.
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Welcome. You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • silkensunrise
    silkensunrise Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel ya there. I do too. I started this a few months ago and got out of the habit, but being on and then off of counting calories I've realized how important it is to eating healthy. You just become more aware when you enter things on here. I think I didn't do very well last time though, because I didn't really have anyone to do this with. I'd love to friend and encourage each other through this... it did work very well for me when I was doing it, and I've actually kept off the seven pounds I'd lost!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You have come to the right spot! Look around in the message boards, etc and it will definately help you get motivated and educated. THere are tons of healthy recipies available and even some groups you can join to get you motivated! Good luck!
  • PredsGal
    PredsGal Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Rachelle, I'm Tj and I feel the same way. Good luck, I know it's hard to stick to a fitness program. I hope you find help and encouragement.

May I ask what you are doing in addition to tying to eat healthier?
  • Future_vision7
    Options
    I hear you !!!!
    I too need that little extra boost at times, seeing people's activity levels really keeps me motivated!
    Feel free to add me on your healthy journey

Rich
    :drinker:
  • RunnerPrincess
    Options
    You can do it! :)
    I'm new here too. And my goal is 20lbs as well !!
  • Snoopy72
    Snoopy72 Posts: 25
    Options
    Rachelle you have to look at it this way okay .. YOU get one shot at life ... JUST ONE! Don't waste it on looking at everyone else making good decisions and be the one who made the better decision! These people on this sight are amazing and wonderful and very supportive. The kind of friends you wish you could be around all day. Make this the best choice and live Healthy for you!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site has been my biggest tool in reaching for my goals! Logging calories in and burned is such an eye-opener. The forums are great for getting info and advice. Making MFP pals is great for support and motivation and encouragement. Add me as a friend if you would like, I am always open to new pals and working to encourage/motivate one another. Best of luck in your journey and you can drop the 20 by Christmas!
  • Amy271189
    Options
    Feel free to add me =) I will help support and encourage you. I have found MFP amazing and I'm sure you will too. You will meet some fantastic people. Good Luck xx
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Way to join up! Feel free to add me and ask any questions you have! =]
  • TimMalfunction
    Options
    You can add me... Im definately realy motivated to reach my goals, and will do my best to motivate you to do ours. Throw out the sugar and the sugary snacks. Go shoping for fruits and veggies to start....
  • Ayvane1
    Ayvane1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You'll do great, don't worry you'll make lots of friends that'll help you, so far i have read a lot of comments from ppl who started their motivation already... :)