Need help!

Jg1018
Jg1018 Posts: 3 Member
Hey guys!
Im new here..was just reading all the achievements and success posts..was wondering if you guys would like to share tips on how to lose weight n get fit? Im a new mom (had my beautiful daughter a yr ago) but i feel like crap about my body atm..i want to lose 50lbs but have no idea where and how to start! Any tips and advice is much needed!!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Here is a good thread that covers the basics:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

When you go through the guided setup you will want to select 1 pound a week to lose. A lot of people jump right on the 2 thinking that faster is better but 2 is really for people with 75 or more pounds to lose.
  • Jg1018
    Thank you!!
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Hi, me too a new mom for 7 months baby boy, I need to lose 100 lb and already lost 5 pounds after logging my meals and calculate my calories, I do go to gym twice a week because I don’t have time to go more than that so you can start looking for what you eat first and watch your calories and stay active as much as you can, and don’t forget to read and look to the success stories for people who lost weight very inspired, wish you good luck in your journey 🥰
  • Jg1018
    Thanks dear! What exercises do you do? Im ok with diet just so lost about gym!
  • bblee87
    bblee87 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi
    I had a baby in Aug 2018 and have been trying to lose weight since April 2019. I've lost 24lbs since. I found that weighing myself regularly helped keep me on track. I would weigh every day but only record a number once per week at the same time every week. This made me aware of my goals and eating habits. I tracked my cals and exercise as much as I could, it got easier after i weaned my baby as i wasn't worried about breast milk production. I also started weight training, just with body weight at first, squats, lunges, pushups on my knees then added in resistance bands and some walking with my baby, I'd look up body weight training on youtube for inspiration and do it while baby napped even if just a few minutes. I also eat mostly plants and although not necessary for weight loss is easier as lower in calories naturally, filling with the fiber and make me feel great. Good luck mamas
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Start off by brisk walking pushing your baby in the buggy. Hills are great! If you want more, then there are tons of workouts on Youtube for free, you can do in your own home for half an hour at a time. Start small, and if you feel like you are enjoying it and want to do a bit more, and you can get childcare, a gym/running/team sport - whatever floats your boat. Good luck. PS don't go mad and try to do an hour of exercise every day on about 800 calories - you will give up very quickly - eat a sensible amount, and get some exercise you can easily incorporate into your day.
  • BreezyWerner
    BreezyWerner Posts: 24 Member
    Approaching this as a lifestyle change worked best for me. I calculated the calories I needed to lose about 1 pound a week. I ended losing about 1.5 pounds some weeks and 1 pound other weeks. I ate clean, logged everything I ate and made sure I measured all my food, kept healthy macros, drank plenty of water. I worked out six times a week, but that is because I have a desk job and needed to push with exercise to get more movement.

My exercise was three days of cardio and three days of lifting. If you don’t want to go to the gym, there are good dvds out there. Jillian Michaels has a 30 day shred that is pretty good and requires light dumbbells. Body weight workouts are good too.

Power walking is good too. Anything to get that movement. I lost 40 pounds and working on last 10. For the nutrition part, I didn’t get super restrictive with macros. I wanted to make sure I could stick with this and that my body would thrive with the macro goals. I have treats at parties, special occasions, etc. I just make sure to plan for them. Also, I don’t overindulge in the treats like I used to.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!