WEAKNESS

Options
Weakness, craving for something sweet; ate cookies and could not eat just one ate the whole package. Bad day for carbs. Need to stay focus on low carbs and find something naturally sweet to help with cravings. Not proud of myself - very disappointed in myself.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @88olds, to answer your not eating the whole pack query.

Even though I am renowned for my sweet tooth, look at dessert menu first etc, I only have 2 biscuits (cookies) at a time, that usually means two a day.

I grew up working class poor in the UK and because food was limited it was served to us, or permission was asked. (Not in any mean way)

Cookies came in twos and to this day, 6 decades later, that is how I eat them.

1 is wrong, 3-4 is wrong, a pack is just plain old outside my comprehension :).
    In the goldilocks of cookie-dom 2 is just right.

So I guess the answer to the query is ingrained habit, and my tastebuds are satisfied at two.

No judgment on those who can, or do, eat a pack or sleeve, just answering the question.

I do think to take it as a learning experience, forgiving yourself and moving on is the attitude to take.

Cheers, h.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I'd be just like that and it's why I will not allow cookies in the house anymore. And why I'm dreading the holidays so much. I know it doesn't say anywhere we MUST have cookies during the holidays but it's hard to say no to baking cookies for family. :(
    Let it go. You did it; it's over, start new and fresh tomorrow. The one thing you cannot do is allow it to ruin your mindset, as in 'might as well give up, I ruined my diet anyways'. It was 1 time, 1 day. You will get back on track and be more mindful tomorrow. Be kind to yourself. As I've read on here many times, 1 day will not make or break your healthier eating lifestyle. So make peace with yourself, say $h-iT happens and get back to it tomorrow. :) Good luck!!
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If you want to see a fall from grace, @fitnessforjudy , then look at my diary for yesterday (Friday the 15th). WHOOPS!

But I'm okay, and you're okay, and everything is going to be okay. Carbs are my weakness too -- not so much sweets as flour type stuff -- however we can still be in this battle together.

Have you thought about one of those bags of ready to eat baby carrots? There's not as "pure" a fiber as something like straight up lettuce, but tasty, and sweet, healthier than cookies and very filling.

Also, chewing gum if you like to keep your mouth busy, can help until an urge passes. I like Extra Sugar Free Polar Ice but there are sweeter flavors I'm sure. That particular brand really holds onto its flavor for a long time.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I won’t keep stuff like that in the house and if my husband brings it in I make him put it in the basement where I can’t find it so I won’t be tempted lol. I found some stevia sweetened chocolate chips that taste really good and are low in carbs and calories so I have a TBSP of those after dinner and they totally satisfy my sweet tooth.

You could look up recipes for indivdual low carb mug cakes or cookies to maybe help? I’ve had some that are pretty tasty (and a few that weren’t lol)